News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AM-J purge old checks (Read 591 times)
Laura Oliver

AM-J purge old checks
02/15/18 at 16:16:17

We are now using the same check numbers that we used in 1998.   I was thinking about using AM-J so that I wouldn't see the older checks number when I go to void option.  But I am scared.   I do need recall.   Just last week I search and found a payment from 2004 so that we could reorder.    

2 FEARS:  
If I purge (archive) thru AM-J what will I be able to see of the old stuff?   I often need to see old stuff.  I know I can restore, but I don't want to be doing that too much.
I also read that purging thru AM-J often causes you to have to re-index.  

Thanks
Laura

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 04/26/17 at 11:17:59:
Regardless or resources, 40 minutes is way too long.  Use AM-J and archive AP history.  Seriously, once the invoice is paid, when was the last time you had to go back to something more than 6 months old? You probably have 10-15 years or more worth of data in there.  If you ever do need to research something that has been archived, AP-R Payment History Report can access the archived data.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: AM-J purge old checks
Reply #1 - 02/16/18 at 14:48:57

ARCHIVE, do not purge.  Then you can look at it in AP-R selecting the Archived data if need be.  There is no risk because you are not deleting anything.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print