Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/28/24 at 13:13:35
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Removing Bad Bin Locations (Read 1152 times)
TSmith
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Removing Bad Bin Locations
07/09/18 at 05:18:39

Is there any way (beyond manually) to remove old bin locations if reorganizing a warehouse? I have accounted for many of the large parts, which have been moved to shelves and given new location numbers, however, the parts (some of which are still on hand) that have previously been located on these shelves, are continuing to appear in my reports and attempts to print bar codes. This has become a bit of a headache and I am unaware of any way to correct shelf locations without having been through the inventory in its entirety (Some 4,000 part numbers currently on hand)

IP Logged
btaylor
Browser

Re: Removing Bad Bin Locations
Reply #1 - 07/10/18 at 06:01:35

I'm not following. Are the old parts that had the locations discontinued or are they being moved to new locations? If they are still valid parts but are being assigned new locations can't you just upload the new locations?

Email   IP Logged
TSmith
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 07/10/18 at 06:08:32

The 'old' parts are still current in inventory and are on hand, however, I am trying to organize three warehouses, and many of the parts have been moved to new physical locations, but not corrected in DBA/EVO. My problem is that many of the parts, although I know they are on hand, have not been found or handled yet, so I don't have new locations or the ability to assign an accurate one. It may be that I have to come up with an accurate physical list before I can enter the locations into EVO.

IP Logged
btaylor
Browser

Reply #3 - 07/10/18 at 07:28:23

If you are looking for a way to just temporarily blank out some item #s (to prevent the issue of having two items with one bin loc while you rearrange and organize) what I have done in the past is upload a unique character to the items #s that I want to remove the bin loc from (I typically use an asterisk) and then use UT-K-B Search and Replace to replace the asterisk with a blank space. Not sure if this is the correct way but it is a workaround that has been effective for us during large rearranges, at least preventing a bin loc from appearing on anything and eliminating the risk of someone accidentally pulling the wrong item while we work through the process.

Email   IP Logged
TSmith
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 07/10/18 at 07:34:16

That's a fantastic idea and will likely work for what I need. I'm new to the system and taking over an inventory that has not been correctly located or accurately updated in years. It has been quite the challenge and working through one shelf at a time has been my only method for sorting and organizing in order to set new locations in an attempt to make progress. Again, thanks for the tip!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print