Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 12:52:37
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fail 2 enter finish prod/close WO prior to invoic (Read 957 times)
Laura Oliver

fail 2 enter finish prod/close WO prior to invoic
07/17/18 at 07:44:48

We invoiced and closed a Sales Order before we entered finish production, so i came back and entered finished production and closed the Work Order after the Sales Order was closed.
I didn't thing it would be a big deal but some reports show total cost as zero.  For example the SA-J report  has total cost of zero.      

Our sales posting to the General Ledger do not come from Work Orders.  No work order activity is ever sent to the General Ledger.  
Is there a way I can keep this from happening?  Or a way to fix the SA-J report correctly.   Maybe this has been fixed in latter upgrades/updates.

Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re:  fail 2 enter finish prod/close WO prior
Reply #1 - 09/06/18 at 17:28:18

The COGS that is processed when an invoice posts uses the Average Cost of the item on the SO line at the time.  If you ship prior to posting the Finished Production, the item cost will be inaccurate, reflecting the cost from the previous instance of manufacturing it and if it is a new item it will be 0 because there is no history.  Not something to fix in the program but in your process control.  You need to make sure you have entered the finished production to put the stock on hand before invoicing.  Make it before you ship it.

There is a Sales Order Default to prevent or warn when releasing a SO if there is not on hand inventory to satisfy the shipment.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print