Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/27/24 at 15:17:47
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Add a 2nd Ethernet port to back of desktop? (Read 657 times)
Laura Oliver

Add a 2nd Ethernet port to back of desktop?
09/21/18 at 09:15:19

When I want to have internet on my desktop i have to plug the internet into the DBA/EVO servers router.  The problem with that is that a dozen other computers then get internet.    I like to use "Go to My PC" to work on DBA/EVo on the weekends.  But this means i have to remember to plug the ethernet cable in when I leave the office and unplug when I come back.  I often forget.    If i could add a 2nd ethernet port to the back of my desktop then maybe i could leave DBA plugged in and have internet on just that one desktop and then i could work from home on the weekends or at night.  But how do i do that?   I saw  the RJ45 Network 1 to 3 Port Ethernet Adapter Splitter, on Amazon but the instructions says  "When one port is connected to the network, other ports devices must be disconnected."  So i dont think it would work.  I need to have both DBA and the internet connected to a single isolated desktop.   Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: Add a 2nd Ethernet port to back of desktop?
Reply #1 - 09/21/18 at 09:23:18

I should add I might  could accomplish this if our wireless network was stronger.

Also I am thinking I would need a 2nd internal  board or a  2nd card to actually have two ethernet ports.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print