Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 15:43:46
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Features and Options, convert SO to WO (Read 1326 times)
tbrown75
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Features and Options, convert SO to WO
09/27/18 at 16:07:40

When entering a SO, then configuring an item with Features & Options, then Converting SO to WO, I have only been able to get the exact part number that is entered on the SO, to transfer to the WO.

The problem with that is, I have "user friendly" part numbers for options on the SO, so my customer can understand his Quote/SO/Invoice.

But I don't want the user friendly part numbers transferring to the WO. Instead, I want my existing internal part number(s) transferring to the WO BOM. I tried to set up the internal numbers on a BOM for the "user friendly" option part numbers, but had no luck. Maybe I have the inventory "types" wrong?

Anyone know how to do this?

EVO-ERP version 2018.2
Build - 08/09/18 T7-7iR11
Pervasive Ver - 11.31
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Features and Options, convert SO to WO
Reply #1 - 09/28/18 at 05:50:45

Don't understand what you are saying.  There can be only one part number for any given "thing" whether it is on the SO or WO BOM.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
tbrown75
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 09/28/18 at 06:44:53

For example....

I have Type N part numbers setup to represent SO options, such as "Custom Option 1", "Custom Option 2" that are user friendly with a fixed description and price, so the customer can read them and it is easy for employees to enter custom SO's. These option part numbers mirror an online configurator that is on our website, that our customers use to submit custom orders to us. So when a customer gets an EVO Quote/SO/Invoice, he can read it and approve, because the options match what he configured online. If I sent him a SO/quote full of internal part numbers, it would be meaningless to him.  

On the WO side, to actually build the order, we have been creating a WO and modify a template BOM manually. "Custom Option 1" on the SO, may include one or more components, such as internal number R1234B7 and R4321C9, etc. Those are the numbers that need to be on the WO to allocate properly, be picked, etc., as they compose "Custom Option 1".

But so far, I've only been able to get the "Custom Option 1" to transfer to the WO, which does no good.

My goal is to use Features and Options, to enter custom orders, then convert SO to WO, and have the correct internal part number(s) transfer to the WO BOM. These internal part numbers are already on the BOM for each parent part option, but only the parent part "Custom Option 1" is transferring, instead of the BOM of internal numbers setup for "Custom Option 1".

I think it may have something to do with what exploded options you check off in the BOM tree when configuring a custom item, but I haven't been able to test that this morning, because I ran into another problem....

In SD-L, also accessed through FO-F, the "Manufactured or Kit type (M/K)" field, seems to only allow Y/N to be entered.

There was an "M" in there at first, and while experimenting I tried to change it to a "K", and now it is blank, and will only allow Y/N to be entered??? I thought I saw another place to assign M/K to the option, but can't find it now, and my items are now showing up "K" on the SO. I'm pretty sure the "K" means they won't transfer to the WO at all, which means I can't test anymore until I get that changed back to "M".

And I should remind you that SM-V still isn't working for me, and has not been since update 2018.2 I believe, as I posted in another thread. So if there are patches to fix any of this, I can't get them through SM-V at present.

« Last Edit: 09/28/18 at 08:08:55 by tbrown75 »  

EVO-ERP version 2018.2
Pervasive Ver - 11.31
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 09/28/18 at 09:21:11

If you want the lower level internal part numbers to pull into the WO BOM the selected items need to be type B (Phantom)

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
tbrown75
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 03/06/19 at 14:45:35

You cannot sell a "B" type phantom part. If I change my "Custom Option 1" to a type "B", it can no longer be placed on a quote or SO. So that won't work?

I want "Custom Option 1" on my quote, (currently it is a type "N" part). The customer knows what "Custom Option 1 means, and it carries a $ price for the quote. Internally, to build "Custom Option 1", we may need a handful of different part numbers.

I setup the BOM for "Custom Option 1" with all those components, but they don't transfer to the WO. Only "Custom Option 1" will transfer to the WO through SO-N, and that number doesn't help allocate or relieve inventory of the correct components, does not help with the pick list, etc. Sure, you can change "Custom Option 1" it to a type "B" and it WILL pass the correct BOM to the WO, but then you can't put "Custom Option 1" on a quote or SO!

I'm not willing to put all the component numbers on the quote as type "M", as that would just confuse the customer and make the quote several pages long.

Besides, it would be a lot easier to just use WO-K-B and modify BOM's manually for every custom order, and keep the customer quote/SO "clean". This is what I've been doing, but it is error-prone and tedious, and it sure seems like F&O should be able to handle what I want to do?

After all, if a part is composed of 10 components, I put ONE part number on an SO with a price for the customer, I don't put all 10 components. Those 10 components are on the BOM and show up only on the WO, the customer never sees them. I'm not getting why F&O doesn't seem to work in a similar way?

EVO-ERP version 2018.2
Pervasive Ver - 11.31
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 03/07/19 at 06:55:44

You can have a "B" (Phantom) in a F&O BOM and have it pull into the Sales Order which will in turn pass its components to the WO BOM.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print