Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 14:59:31
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
screen views - DBA Classic versus Evo tabbed view (Read 1187 times)
Laura Oliver

screen views - DBA Classic versus Evo tabbed view
12/26/18 at 11:56:15

I have been reading the forum archives and see that some users think some tasks either work better and faster in the classic view.   I read where some users said that evo classic view hung up more while others users said EVO tabbed froze more and had more errors.    We just upgraded and are going to try to use evo exclusively so I want to keep track of which view works the best on individual tasks.

If you have an opinion or observation please share.

Thanks
Laura  

US-A Customize Settings

Purpose of Program

Use this program to establish user specific settings for screen views (DBA Classic versus Evo tabbed view), whether or not opening lists are displayed, and Email settings for default text and signature blocks, bcc address and destination folder for PDF generation.  All settings are workstation specific except the email settings which are also company and Evo user specific.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
MikeT

Re: screen views - DBA Classic versus Evo tabbed v
Reply #1 - 01/03/19 at 07:52:47

I have not noticed a difference in random freezes/hangs between the two types of menus, but I will say that you should stick with classic. ISTechsupport has recommended that to us and also our users like it better and it is familiar for those who have used DBA for years.

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
btaylor
Browser

Reply #2 - 01/03/19 at 08:43:01

I haven't noticed any difference with regard to hangs/freezes between the two screen types either. Some lookups are slower in Evo as opposed to DBA but they are equally slow in classic view and tabbed view so that is not a factor. All of our users (including myself) prefer classic view. I did force myself to go a month using only tabbed view to see if it was a case of just getting used to it but after a month I switched back. I didn't like have to switch between tabs to see different pieces of information.

We still have a handful of die-hards that insist on using DBA for various reasons. Sometimes I have to look things up on their computers while they're in DBA and I usually end up muttering under my breath about how annoying and awkward it is after having used Evo for as long as I have.

One of the biggest sources of resistance in getting some to switch over was that they like the way certain reports and things ran in DBA better. Keep in mind once they switch to Evo, if there are certain things they preferred in DBA you can switch just those ones back from the T7 version to the BK version. I have a couple of BK versions that I prefer over the T7 versions myself.

Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 01/08/19 at 14:23:54

I moved all my users to the Evo view and got everyone off the Classic all users are on the same page as far as what they are doing--makes troubleshooting much easier!

We don't really have much issues with lag, only on the tables where there are a ton of records and I am not allowed to archive records from them.  Archiving has a great way of speeding things up and the records are still accessible.  

Where we have archived the lookups for those tables are lickety-split fast. Smiley

FWIW

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print