News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO-I  WO-S (Read 1042 times)
JamesO

WO-I  WO-S
05/20/19 at 08:35:11

A user is in WO-I (Enter Finished Production) and is trying to close it for a specific work order. After he enters 1 (qty good completed) He gets a pop up "You are missing the Component Serial Information. You must run WO-S and generate Serial Numbers befor you can Enter Finished Product"

He has done many of these in the past and only this one has the issue. He has rechecked and compared fields with other Work orders and has not found anything.
Has any one seen this before. He does not even have WO-S as an option, and I do not see it in my list either( and I am an Admin)

Thank you,
Jimmy

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: WO-I  WO-S
Reply #1 - 05/20/19 at 09:29:03

There is a Work Order default for Auto-Generate Serial Numbers in WO-S and another for Map Serial Component to parent in WO Defaults, Processing II tab.  You should only get that message if the default is turned on and you have a serialized parent part with a serialized component.  If you are an ADMIN and do not have WO-S, you need to log in as ADMIN (not ADMIN equivalent) to rebuild the ADMIN menu and then, if you have a named menu in PS-G delete it and make a new copy of ADMIN or just delete it and set your Security Code to A in PS-A.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
JamesO

Reply #2 - 05/20/19 at 11:03:14

Correction, I should have access to WO-S as other Admin. I have just checked tha DEF-B Master default settings for manufacturing, work order, Processing II and the Auto Gen of Serial Nos in WO-S and process in WO-I is empty(No setting selected).

Do I (as special Admin run the WO-S) to fix this or something else.

Thank you,
Jim O.

IP Logged
JamesO

Reply #3 - 05/20/19 at 11:33:18

Also since the DEF-B Master default settings for manufacturing, work order, Processing II and the Auto Gen of Serial Nos in WO-S and process in WO-I is empty(No setting selected).  

Should I put a N for (NO) in this setting.

All serial #'s are entered manually (no auto generation) There is a Serialized parent part within a serialized component.

« Last Edit: 05/21/19 at 07:08:12 by JamesO »  
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 05/21/19 at 10:12:00

If you have not turned on the feature to map serialized component to parent it should not be giving you the message but you could explicitly set the default to N.  

The fact that you are designated "A" (Admin) in PS-A means nothing if you have a menu defined in PS-G under your login name.  The "A" is only used if there is no PS-G menu.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print