Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 07:28:24
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GL-O Pop-up notification - never seen before (Read 1451 times)
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

GL-O Pop-up notification - never seen before
06/17/19 at 09:43:44

This morning I was running the GL-O and received a notice that we have never seen before.  I need to know what to do with this and if it is causing problems.

Each time you enter this program a process is run which marks and identifies all existing transactions so that new transactions coming in while you are using this program will not interfere with batch processing.

The last 75 transactions are causing the file to be out of balance.  If hit number is very small, most likely another user was midway through posting something at the time you entered the program.  

Do you wish to exclude these items and post them later? y/n

Thanks for your help.

Jere'

IP Logged
prophet

Re: GL-O Pop-up notification - never seen before
Reply #1 - 06/17/19 at 11:54:31

It means your transactions is out of balance. You need to print the out of balance report identify the issue and then use GL-P to add, delete or edit transactions needed to make GL-O balance.

IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 06/18/19 at 08:16:16

Thanks for the reply.  Where do I go to print the Out Of Balance Report?

Jere'

IP Logged
prophet

Reply #3 - 06/18/19 at 09:41:16

You can either print it from GL-O by selecting everything processing and clicking on the Print Out of Bal Report button or you can print it from AM-R.  

AM-R Out of Balance Report
Purpose of Program

Use this program to identify out of balance entries in either the posted or unposted GL Transactions.  This is the same report called from GL-O  Print/Post General Ledger Batches in stand-alone form so it can be run without waiting for GL-O to scan all the unposted transactions.

General Program Operation

Enter a date range and select either posted or unposted transactions.  Any journal grouping of transactions within the date range that does not balance when matched by date, journal type and Cus/Vend Cod and Invoice #.  In some cases, the report will list entries that truly do balance but different sides of the entry list a different Customer or Vendor code or invoice number so you may need to manually eliminate such groups.

IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 06/18/19 at 13:06:23

Thank you, I found it.  Can't believe I have totally overlooked this report, but I have never had this issue.  The problem is a sales tax rounding up and the GL is off 1 cent.  Actually I am not sure the best way to fix this as it seems to be a one sided issue.  We have had this rounding problem before but it never affected the GL.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 06/20/19 at 06:23:46

You need to use GL-P and edit the entry to get it into balance.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #6 - 06/24/19 at 09:01:23

Ok, thanks for all the great info.

IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #7 - 06/26/19 at 11:36:33

Just for clarification so I don't mess this up. On the Gl/O pop-up where it says -  

The last 75 transactions are causing the file to be out of balance...... Do you wish to exclude these items and post them later Y/N.

Do I want to go ahead and select No before I go to the GL/P to make the correction?

Jere'

IP Logged
prophet

Reply #8 - 06/26/19 at 11:39:52

Just go to GL-P and add, edit or delete what you need to make it balance. Then go to GL-O and select all process and it should balance out.

IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #9 - 06/26/19 at 14:43:18

Thanks for answering all my questions, so appreciated.  I am in balance and good to go.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print