Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/03/24 at 11:17:45
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multiple errors/issues posting Invoices (Read 236 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Multiple errors/issues posting Invoices
11/29/21 at 07:51:22

I'm posting this for our Accounting Manager. Any and all advice on how she can fix everything would be appreciated!
Val
==================================================

Wednesday afternoon we had the following errors happen while posting invoices:

Pop up "Error:  SO #174048 would post with an invoice total of (265.00) that is different from the invoice total that was originally printed on the invoice (710.00). The posting for this SO will be skipped. Please print the invoice for this SO agin, then re-post it. Please proved IS Tech Support with details of this invoice, including sale amounts and tax rate.

There were actually 6 total invoices that had this error message, but they did post out-of-balance with the following issues:

SO #173998/Inv #274445    Did not post freight amount for $7.00 to freight GL account
SO #174092/Inv #274465    Double posted one line item for $250.00 to Sales GL account
SO #174160/Inv #274450    Double posted one line item for $153.00 to Sales GL account

These I believe I could fix through GL-P (Edit GL). However, the ones below I could not. I checked the Accts Receivable posted GL amount, added in all the SO-G posted (but not GL-O) posted amounts against the AR aging & they reconciled. Therefore, if I were to fix the issues below through GL-P, it would throw off the Aging report from the GL balance. I'm sure the inventory balancing would also be an issue.

SO #174048/Inv #274464    Did not post Accts Receivable amount to the AR GL account. Also missed one line item to Sales GL account, Sales Labor & OH, & COGS
SO #173807/Inv #274021    Did not post Accts Receivable amount to the AR GL account. Also missed two line items to Sales GL account, inventory & COGS.
SO #174140/Inv #274467    Did not post Accts Receivable amount to the AR GL account.

My thoughts were to void the invoices, re-release, re-print & repost these invoices individually.

NOTE: We have not posted invoices since (just in case).

Please advise.

Thanks,

Holly

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Multiple errors/issues posting Invoices
Reply #1 - 11/29/21 at 09:28:36

If they did not post the AR side to the GL did they post anything to the Aging?  Sounds like they didn't finish posting.  The lines that did not post to Sales, Inventory and COGS probably did not relieve inventory either.  Unfortunately a partially posted invoice is ugly to fix because if it didn't post all the way through there is nothing to void.  If it did not post to the Aging, your best bet is to adjust all the inventory that was relieved back into stock, then delete all the GL postings associated with the inventory adjustments and aborted invoices in GL-P, then use SO-E to force the quantities back to what they were so you can re-invoice.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Multiple errors/issues posting Invoices
Reply #2 - 11/30/21 at 10:24:51

Thank you for the detailed response. I have asked Holly to let me know if anything posted to the aging.

Kind regars,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print