Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/28/24 at 20:00:48
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PO-I-F prints w/detail and filters regardless? (Read 633 times)
Laura Oliver

PO-I-F prints w/detail and filters regardless?
01/13/22 at 08:45:40

Printing PO-I-F  
If I tick print filters and detail I see filters and detail.  
If I do NOT tick filters and detail  I still see filters and detail.
This problem exists in EVO.  DBA works just fine.
Thanks
Laura

re: print received not invoiced

EDIT CORRECTION!!  actually DBA still prints detail even if you ask it not to.  But if you tell DBA to not print filters it does not.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Dennis Wilkinson

Life is Good :o)

Re: PO-I-F prints w/detail and filters regardless?
Reply #1 - 03/28/22 at 09:58:47

Laura,

I just tested using latest program and RTM dated 04/28/18 and turning off filter to not print works fine.  Check your T6POIF1.RTM and make sure it is 04/28/18 or later.  Also, I am on the latest update and my PO-I-F program - ISTS Enhancement date is 03/03/22

Dennis Wilkinson
IS Tech Support Contractor
dwilkinson@istechsupport.com

IS Tech Support Update 2022.1
PSQL Workgroup, Zen 14
Windows 11, Home Premium
  IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 04/01/22 at 09:07:58

Dennis,
Our   T6POIF1.RTM  is dated 11-10-06.    
I don't see how this has anything to do with the filters I see on the screen as this problem occurs before I pick an RTM.  I hope all I need is an update.
Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Reply #3 - 04/01/22 at 11:17:12

Check the RTX folder that is in the DBAMFG or EVO folder look for the T6POIF1.RTX. If the modify date is newer than what you are currently using then copy it. Rename so you change the extension from .rtx to .rtm then paste into the DBAMFG or EVO folder overwriting the one that already there. You will then be using the latest version of the rtm. Just for your info the files in the RTX folder are almost always updated after a full on update the rtm's are not for the meare reason that users modify them. They are literally the gold untouched copies of all the RTM's in the system. Unmodified. So if a rtm you are using is corrupted or damaged in some way you can simply grab the .rtx rename the extension and drop it back into the Root DBAMFG or EVO folder. Also make sure you run SM-V and download and install any patches that might be available.

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #4 - 04/01/22 at 13:43:54

T6POIF1.RTM is now dated 4-18-18.  But i still see detail and filters regardless of ticked or unticked boxes.

Weirdly I see a T6POIF1.RUN from Dec 2017.  I think that is when we got our last update.
There is also a T6POIF2.RTM but I see details and filters with it to.

Would this be a problem if we were on the AWS cloud server?  We would move in a heartbeat if that would fix all our goofy little problems.

Thanks
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Dennis Wilkinson

Reply #5 - 04/02/22 at 05:36:28

Laura,

Go to "System Mgr.-UT-A" and type in "T7POIF" and then select "Continue". See if this is a different program than what is called out on the menu and if this now works correctly.  I noticed you mentioned you found a "T6POIF.RUN" program and that is an older version of the latest "T7POIF.RWN" program.

Dennis Wilkinson

PSQL Workgroup, Zen 14
Windows 11, Home Premium
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 04/03/22 at 15:52:20

None of the T6 programs are still supported.  All have been updated to T7 which is the Windows GUI version.  Go to PS-G and click the Update to Latest Prg to update the menus to the T7 programs.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #7 - 07/21/22 at 06:00:47

How will updating to the T7   (PS-G ) effect our customized forms?    We have a ton of forms (reports) that have been customized in report editor and I would guess they were all made from T6 reports.
Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Dennis Wilkinson

Reply #8 - 07/21/22 at 07:24:59

Laura, the new T7 version of programs will not affect your customized RTM's, unless you have the "EVO" notes turned on.  If you have this feature enabled, some of your RTM's will start with "EN" (ENPOBR4.RTM) instead of "T6" (T6POB4.RTM) and would need to be revised to include your customization, but the majority of your RTM's will remain as before (T6????.RTM) and your customized RTM's should be fine.
I noticed in your signature block, you are on update 2018.3.  Latest update is 2022.1 and you should update to take advantage of new features and fixes that have occurred since 2018.3.

Dennis Wilkinson

PSQL Workgroup, Zen 14
Windows 11, Home Premium
  IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #9 - 07/25/22 at 05:23:04

Dennis,  Thank you so much for your responses.    Your post about the T7 is very helpful.   I do have EVO notes set to NO.   I will have to research EVO notes and how it effects t7 as I do not understand on first read.  

If you have "Use Evo Notes" set to N in SD-A Company Defaults then you are using the "T6..." RTMs and should choose CSN Note type for any notes you wish to print.  If you have "Use Evo Notes" set to Y, then choose a Note type other than CSN or you will get the Notes printed twice.

I need to update my block as we recently  switched to the Amazon Servers hosting of EVO.  We are fairly happy with EVO on AWS.  We knew before we changed to the hosting that EVO didn't accommodate having a inventory item only partially taxable as DBA did.   This is the feature we miss the most and have yet to figure out a clean way to accommodate this.  
Again, Thank you for your response.
Laura  

« Last Edit: 07/25/22 at 07:18:10 by Laura Oliver »  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #10 - 07/25/22 at 16:08:50

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 04/03/22 at 15:52:20:
None of the T6 programs are still supported.  All have been updated to T7 which is the Windows GUI version.  Go to PS-G and click the Update to Latest Prg to update the menus to the T7 programs.

Will the new T7 programs not use RTMS that begin with T7 and end with RTM?  
What is supposed to happen when I update to the latest program in PS-G?   I thought I would get new RTMS that started with T7 and end with RTM.

But Quote from Dennis Wilkinson on 07/21/22 at 07:24:59:
.... but the majority of your RTM's will remain as before (T6????.RTM) and your customized RTM's should be fine.

So maybe the RTMS we are using that start with T6 are not supposed to be named T7?   Maybe the updating thru PS-G only updates the program and not the RTM?

Quote from lizod1 on 01/07/19 at 19:41:24:
... she is using the T7SOE.RWN program.  Liz

How does  one go about finding what program they are using?   I ran PS-G to update but I have idea if I am now using t7 programs?
Thanks
Laura

Either way with DBA I could print PO-I reports and not see line item detail, but with EVO i always see PO line detail. I can't filter it out, so that I just see only a one line summary like I did in DBA.  

Thanks  
Laura  

http://www.evoerp.com/webhelp/2zfhqy.htm

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Dennis Wilkinson

Reply #11 - 07/27/22 at 03:22:56

Laura,

To find out what program is being run when you select a menu choice, select the menu choice in question, exit the program, then go to the "Tools" menu top of EVO screen and select "Last Program Run" and it will display the name of the program executed. In most cases, you should see the program name T7XXX.RWN (XXX being the menu screen & option (T7SOA.RWN, T7POA.RWN, ETC.).

As for the issue with not being able to print summary data when run PO-I-F, I spoke with programmer and there was a bug in the program preventing summary option from working.  He has fixed and it should be applied in a patch this weekend for you.

Finally, if you are interested, I have written a procedure on how to make sure you are using the latest RTM's for all your programs.  If you send me your email address, I will send you a copy and you can do with it what you like.  My email address is dwilkinson@istechsupport.com .

Dennis Wilkinson

PSQL Workgroup, Zen 14
Windows 11, Home Premium
  IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #12 - 07/27/22 at 05:17:32

Dennis,  Based on your instructions to go to  "Tools"  I believe I am running the latest programs and I also think I am using the latest rtms.   My confusion arose when I was told that the PO-I reports problems may be due to us having T6 programs or T6rtms.   At that time no one knew it was a bug so I thought the problem had to be on my end.  I am so glad to hear it is being fixed.  Thank you!

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print