Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 08:01:57
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drawing Revision that prints on Traveler (Read 221 times)
lizod1

Drawing Revision that prints on Traveler
03/23/22 at 14:03:07

What files are used when creating a work that affect the drawing level. We have an ongoing job where the drawing revision was updated in both sales order and the eco file for inventory record but when we create work order it uses the previous revision.
I would like to be able to have the correct/latest revision print on the travelers created after the revision updates.  
Instead it looks like the only way to have this happen is to individually change the eco at time of creating the new work order! The last line item on the sales order will not be needed until mid next year!

Liz Odell
B&G Electronic Assembly, Inc.
EVO 2021.1  10 seats

Liz Odell
EVO/ERP v2016.2, updt 08/17/16 10 User

Email   IP Logged
Dennis Wilkinson

Life is Good :o)

Re: Drawing Revision that prints on Traveler
Reply #1 - 03/28/22 at 09:26:40

Liz,

If create either a SO or WO and ECO is turned on, the system will default to what you have identified in the item master as the defalut drawing/revision to use.  Once created a SO and/or WO AND the ECO drawing/Revision is revised after these events AND this revision is what you want to sell/build to, you have to manually go in SO/WO and select the new revision to take affect.  Reason does not auto refresh is because the system is designed to allow you to make/sell previous revision products to a different revision than latest.  Also, depending on ECO, the cut-in for the latest revision may be after those products currently on SO's / WO's.  As part of the ECO procedure, there should be a step to review open SO's & WO's and if required, manually update the drawing/revision in the appropriate program.

Dennis Wilkinson
IS Tech Support Contractor
dwilkinson@istechsupport.com

IS Tech Support Update 2022.1
PSQL Workgroup, Zen 14
Windows 11, Home Premium
  IP Logged
lizod1

Reply #2 - 03/28/22 at 11:16:33

Hi Dennis,
So what you're telling me is that even though the ECO is updated and the latest is flagged and the sales order remaining line items were updated to the latest that any new work orders will still reflect the previous revision? I thought that the create work order pulls the information from the EBOM for the WOBOM which to me means that whatever the revision letter of the EBOM that is the revsion letter of the WOBOM at that time. This is particularly important if the revison update involved changes to the components used on the bill of material.
What am I missing? What happens if I add new line items to the sales order rather than just update the revision on remaining line items? Will creating a work order for those lines have the latest revision reflected on the traveler? I suppose I can test that theory myself!!
Thanks for answering my initial post.
LIz

Liz Odell
EVO/ERP v2016.2, updt 08/17/16 10 User

Email   IP Logged
Dennis Wilkinson

Life is Good :o)

Reply #3 - 03/28/22 at 11:20:54

Only WO's created after the updated changes take place should show the new change.  Existing WO's prior to the change will remain the same/

Dennis Wilkinson
IS Tech Support Contractor
dwilkinson@istechsupport.com

IS Tech Support Update 2022.1
PSQL Workgroup, Zen 14
Windows 11, Home Premium
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print