Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/28/24 at 12:07:19
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Printing Thumbnails on Traveler (Read 857 times)
cellis

Printing Thumbnails on Traveler
05/24/22 at 08:57:48

Can anyone explain how to have the thumbnails print on the traveler that are set up routing links?  The RTM file has 3 image arrays in the routing tab, I've added a link in the routing file and chosen thumbnail for the printing type yet nothing will print.  The only thumbnails that will print are in the traveler header.

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
prophet

Re: Printing Thumbnails on Traveler
Reply #1 - 05/25/22 at 11:21:18

Are you using EVO notes System? If you are not sure check your Company defaults in SD-A. If you are using the EVO notes, is the printing options for that link setup properly? in other words is it setup to print thumbnail, component? Is it setup to print on the Traveler?

IP Logged
cellis

Reply #2 - 05/25/22 at 12:12:43

Yes, using EVO notes. (notes print fine on the traveler as do images in the header)

Here is my scenario.  I have added a link to a specific routing sequence. The link is set to print on Traveler. Thumbnail is chosen and I've now marked it as Component.  The image is a .png   I've checked the RTM to make the array boxes are marked Visible and brought to the front so that nothing is blocking it.

I"m not sure what else to check

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #3 - 05/25/22 at 12:15:32

Oops my apologies not EVO notes EVO Links. I know they will print on the BOM of the Traveler im not sure about the Routing on the Traveler. I will test that out.

IP Logged
prophet

Reply #4 - 05/25/22 at 13:15:05

Ok in order for you to have it print the link on the routing of the traveler the link has to be setup in RO-A. RO-A should do most of it for you.   Enter the Item, select the Operation and then hit the links button to add a link. Make sure its setup as a thumbnail and set for traveler.  

IP Logged
cellis

Reply #5 - 05/25/22 at 14:26:01

That is how I did it, but nothing prints. Is there something I have to do to the array fields in the RTM, I'm just using the default file?

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
cellis

Reply #6 - 05/25/22 at 14:30:34

I guess I should specify I'm doing this in WO-K-A for a traveler that is already created

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #7 - 05/26/22 at 10:29:20

So you were adding the link to the routing in WO-K-A not RO-A?

IP Logged
cellis

Reply #8 - 05/26/22 at 12:55:53

I added first in RO-A then realized there was an open work order for the part I was working on so I added in also in WO-K-A too.

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #9 - 05/26/22 at 13:14:39

Let me ask you this have you issued parts to the WO yet. If you haven't then you can try and use WO-K-J on that WO. It will sync the BOM and the Routing on the WO with the BOM and Routing for that parent part.

IP Logged
cellis

Reply #10 - 05/26/22 at 14:17:14

Well, the work order I was using has since been completed and closed so I tried making a new work order thinking that would then pull the routing link, but no luck. Still not printing the routing link image on the traveler. :-(

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
cellis

Reply #11 - 05/26/22 at 14:27:42

Ok so I just noticed this:

I changed the image from a png to a jpeg thinking maybe that was the problem.  Entered a NEW link in the SEQ set to print on the traveler as a thumbnail.  Then I created a NEW work order and it didn't print.  I then went into WO-K-A to look at the link and there is NO LINK in that routing sequence. Which means the link I set up in RO-A didn't transfer when I generated a work order for that part. I then added the link again specifically to that work order in WO-K-A, but that still didn't make it print.

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #12 - 05/26/22 at 14:28:12

yea if the WO is closed the sync won't work. But if you created a new WO that should have pulled in your new Routing with the Link. That is if you entered the link in RO-A.

IP Logged
cellis

Reply #13 - 05/26/22 at 14:34:56

Yep, entered a new link in RO-A then generated a work order but the link doesn't show up when you pull up the work order in WO-K-A

Carrie Ellis

EVO 2020.3
DBA since 1996
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #14 - 05/26/22 at 14:48:28

is the WO you created a status F or R?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print