Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/02/24 at 04:24:35
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maybe this is more of a "Notes" question. . . (Read 644 times)
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Maybe this is more of a "Notes" question. . .
08/04/22 at 08:29:24

We are on the current version of Evo with all patches installed.  We use Evo Notes and have defined a type of note ROU to use for routing instructions.  We have standard verbiage for an outside processing sequence and the vendor has asked us to include the material type being processed.  The material type is the same, but they still want it included on the PO.  Can I use something like UT-K-B to find the existing text string and replace with the existing string plus the material type?

We have a handful of standard templates for this product that we use to create part specific routings/notes, so the existing notes are identical.  We have updated our standard templates to address it prospectively, but I'd like to be able to update the existing part specific routing notes.  We've been using DBA/Evo since 2000 and may have upwards of a thousand part specific items that have this process performed.

Any thoughts on a mass replace option?

IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Re: Maybe this is more of a "Notes" question. . .
Reply #1 - 08/07/22 at 08:07:50

I have use the UT-K-B utility many times.  
It works well. But in this case I would use a sql update query. But there is something you should know. You could lose the some formatting. Example  
Original
Line One
Line Two

End Result
Line One
Line Two (Add by John)

I think there is a way to do it, to add the addition as Line 3, It will be a matter of asking on the Actian Zen PSQL Forum

The IS_NOTE_ID is made of 3 (in this case anyways) pieces of information : The Table, the SKU and the Sequence
If you query select * from ISNOTES where is_note_id like 'ROUTING 701%50' and is_note_type='CSN';
It will show you any sku that starts with 701 and is sequence 50

To update you can use the following :

update isnotes set is_note_alpha=CONCAT(LTRIM(RTRIM(is_note_alpha)),' ADD BY JOHN')  
where is_note_id like 'ROUTING 701%50' and is_note_type='CSN';

If the TEXT comes from a another table you can use a INNER JOIN Query. SQL is a very powerful language
I hope this helps

Smiley

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Re: Maybe this is more of a "Notes" question. . .
Reply #2 - 08/07/22 at 08:46:23

Checking my notes, there is a variety of query options. SQL Rules!!!
like ?????@@@
like @@@*-V*
like *@@@???

Here are your options

1.- Contact ISTech Support (Allen)
2.- For something quick and easy, I can help (I'm always busy, hence Sunday Morning...)
3.- Complex and will take some experience, goldstarsoftware.com (Bill Bach)
4.- Supper complex, I can help

I can create a temporary database
Create a VB.net Console App that will query and manipulate the data (Very powerful, tons of options)
copy, change, delete, then copy back new data
piece of cake  

Tongue
Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print