Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/28/24 at 13:42:58
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does frt entered in AP-C go to  Job cost Work (Read 607 times)
Laura Oliver

Does frt entered in AP-C go to  Job cost Work
04/04/23 at 12:42:35

From the Help File: Enable APC Frt & Tax Distribution (Y/N)   If this is Y then AP-C will redistribute tax and freight among the GL Accounts of the items purchased rather than the default Tax and Freight accounts.

We often receive in POs and not know the frt amount until we get the vendor's invoice a week later.  I thought that when we added the freight amount in AP-C that this frt expense would go to job costing of the Work Order.  But I do not think it does

I do not think that when we add freight in AP-C that the expense goes to the job costing via the WO#
yes tax and freight may go to the General Ledger, but why does AP-C not put the added frt as an expense to the Job cost?  

I know a workaround would be to add a Frt part number to the PO.  Make sure that Frt Part number has the correct Work Order and then we finally get an invoice witht the frt amount we could modify the still open PO and then receive it in later.  

Or am I wrong?   Is there a way to get the added freight expense to the WO job costing via ap-c?
Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Does frt entered in AP-C go to  Job cost Work
Reply #1 - 04/14/23 at 17:38:23

Freight is treated as an overhead expense unless you use a freight part number charged to the job as you describe.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print