News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shipping Label (Read 1369 times)
Brian Snyder

Shipping Label
03/03/03 at 01:21:41

We would like to see a shipping label that could be used on a line item basis to be put on a bag or box.
DBA's shipping label gives this information but it's split up between header and detail labels.

What our shipping department needs is a label that would include "Ship To" customer, thier PO number, part number, description, and quantity.   They would need 1 label for each line item of a sales order.  Currently, we have found no way to do this in DBA and being that 100% of our customers require this information with their shipment, we must to do this as a second step.

D. Brian Snyder
Prebco Bushing Company
Baldwin Park, California
Evo-ERP 2007.1 ISTech Update 5/1/07
Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Shipping Label
Reply #1 - 03/03/03 at 09:06:34

Brian,

That is just one of the many features in the proposed Shipping Module that I made a posting requesting feedback on.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
samir686
Browser

Reply #2 - 03/03/03 at 11:53:15

Hi,

We use crystal report for this and the label size is 4*6( ups labels) as you can put bar code for each and every info.

Thanks

SAMIR GHETIA
IT MANAGER
ACCUTRON INC
PH 860-602-0207
Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 03/04/03 at 08:11:54

Quote from aricon   on 03/03/03 at 09:06:34:
Brian,

That is just one of the many features in the proposed Shipping Module that I made a posting requesting feedback on.

...and a significant omission from the list of details IMHO....

We would definitely use that - especially if whether a label would be printed could be determined by the Class or Category.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #4 - 03/04/03 at 09:24:32

I could certainly add the class/category sort to the spec....heck, it's like 15 pages now that I sent to Lynn, what's another page? LOL!!

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Chris@Highlight
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/08/03 at 10:20:49

We've used an Excel spreadsheet for years to do this.
Then we took the Crystal Reports route.  It does most of what we want, but it is still outside the system.

The following is what I sent out to a consultant to quote:

The Package Ref. No. is the Sales Order Number plus the Sales Order Line Number.  The Package Quantity should default to the Standard Packout from the Item Master but should be able to be changed.  I would think that we could use the MTIC_PROD_SUBST[ ?] series of fields in the Manufacturing Item Master to keep many of the fields that I have added in my spreadsheet (ie, Layers/Bundles, Standard Carton,Handling Instructions).  Also, the standard packout should be the product of the number of LAYERS/BUNDLES times UOM PER L OR B.  We’d also like the ability to put a couple lines of notes at the bottom.  And we’re not too far off from needing bar codes.  So, we’d like that ability.

Last, I’d like it to calculate how many labels it needs to meet the order requirement.  For example, if the order quantity is 500 for an item. If I know that the standard number of pieces per layer is 13 and I can fit 9 layers in the standard carton, then the standard packout can be calculated as follows, 13 x 9 = 117.  (However, there are times when the standard is not used.  So, the 13 and 9 would be the default values but the user would have the ability to change it.) So for an order of 500 would require 500/117=4.27 cartons.  Of course, this really means that we’d packout 5 cartons -- 4 @ 117 and a partial of 32.  So, in the box # OF # # should play out as follows.
Carton 1 of 5      13 x 9 = 117
Carton 2 of 5      13 x 9 = 117
Carton 3 of 5      13 x 9 = 117
Carton 4 of 5      13 x 9 = 117
Carton 5 of 5      13 x 9 =  32 (Partial)

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #6 - 03/08/03 at 11:53:23

Chris,

I see what you described here as quite particular to your requirements and your methodology.

In terms of the proposed Shipping Module, we would need to keep it more generic and palatable to a wider audience.

HOWEVER, that said, I could certainly have my Visual Basic/Access programmer create a very nice flexible application that would interface with DBA nicely through ODBC, and would provide this capability to you.

Should you decide to go this route, keep in mind that you get a price advantage through using my company's services due to the exchange rate.  i.e. - I can charge 95/hour CDN, but it only costs you about 60/hour USD, which is significantly lower than most comparable operations down there.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print