Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/29/24 at 03:03:59
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is IS Tech Support? (Read 4632 times)
Lynn_Pantic
Ex Member

What is IS Tech Support?
03/07/03 at 21:44:40

IS Tech Support (ISTS) is an independent company offering technical support for DBA software via email, phone, on-site visits and this forum.  We also offer regular program updates which include both the bug fixes released by DBA and other enhancements our programmers have developed.  ISTS is owned and primarily operated by Lynn Pantic, who was a DBA Technical Support employee from 1995 through 2002 and Product Manager for the latter years of her tenure at DBA.  ISTS also contracts with selected programmers familiar with DBA and the TAS language and carefully screens and tests both the enhancement programs and the add-on programs offered on the www.istechsupport.com site.

This forum is free to all DBA users but other support options are available for a fee, typically a monthly charge for email or phone support and a per program charge for add-on programs.  Enhancement programs and DBA updates are provided to paying support subscribers at any level for no additional charge.

IP Logged
LCFRIDAY
Browser

Re: What is IS Tech Support?
Reply #1 - 04/23/03 at 13:18:22

Hi Lynn,

I am needing clarification. As far as the technical support, if an upgrade takes improperly or something else were to happen with DBA, will DBA tech support have problem with dealing with a problem that me stem from an IS Tech upgrade. That is if you still have DBA support time. I understand your company, but I need to expalin it to my plant manager who approve this type of transactions.
Thanks......

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #2 - 04/23/03 at 13:57:16

If there is a problem with an ISTS enhancement or add-on, DBA will NOT provide technical support for that.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 04/23/03 at 14:05:27

Before you can apply any ISTS updates, you need to get your DBA updated to version 2002.4.  That version is a straight DBA update and any issues involved with applying that update can be resolved with their technical support although ISTS can help too if you are a support subscriber.

Once you are on 2002.4 and begin installing ISTS updates, you can tell whether any program has been modified by ISTS by looking in the top margin of the screen when you are in the program.  If it is a straight DBA program, it will say something like "GL-F Print Financial Statements" in which case you could get support from DBA although ISTS will also support the DBA programs.  If it says something like "SO-B Print Acknowledgements - ISTS Enhancement 2/28/03" then DBA will not help you and you need to contact ISTS.

As for installing future updates, once you are an ISTS subscriber, it is recommended that you always install updates from the ISTS site.  Our updates will always include anything released by DBA.  Ever since 2002.4 was released, DBA has taken the stand of not making any updates to the TAS 5 version of DBA other than essential bug fix patches and those patches will always be included in the ISTS updates.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print