http://www.ezijobz.com/

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tommy Johnson
Browser

Re: Website
Reply #1 - 04/08/03 at 10:21:04

This is a company in AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND with no mention of DBA, so I am confused???  Is DBA just going to resale this product?  Unless I missed something, it doesn't appear to handle manufacturing needs like BOM, MRP, etc......

Tommy Johnson
Computer Consulting Services
IT systems support/software development

DBA Client (V2002.4 - 20 user)
Prime Technological Services
OEM Electronic Manufacturing Services
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 04/08/03 at 10:46:02

You are not confused, that is exactly what is happening.  DBA will be reselling a version of EziJobz that does have manufacturing capability.  It has been written and developed in New Zealand.  As I understand it (I have not seen it yet) it has some pretty powerful inventory related features that will be useful in certain niche industries but it is not an update to DBA so any existing user who chooses to migrate to EziJobz will essentially be starting over installing and learning a whole new piece of software.  It is also my understanding that much of the DBA historical and transaction data will not convert to the EziJobz.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
ASM

The Guitarman...

Reply #3 - 04/08/03 at 11:21:46

..so essentially DBA-SQL is dead?

IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Reply #4 - 04/08/03 at 11:26:47

I ran the demo.  It is a fairyly simple, inexpensive deal that will work for small service companies and maybe some small job shops.

It will be interesting to see the manufacturing version to find if it has more or less features than DBA currently has.

No matter what it is, you will never be able to tranfer transactional data from current product.  All history will be lost.

If this is an "evolution" of DBA than Charles Darwin is rolling over in his grave.

G'day Mates!

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
ASM

The Guitarman...

Reply #5 - 04/08/03 at 11:49:45

...the main reason we chose DBA 3 years ago was a promise they made that a new windows version of DBA would be out in a few months (Innovative series) and everything would convert. I have to say I'm disappointed in DBA managment decisions. If it wasn't for Lynn's support I don't know what I would do. Well I guess you get what you pay for which with all the add-ons, time, and consulting to get DBA running properly adds up to as much as a mid-range ERP system  cry

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #6 - 04/08/03 at 13:34:28

As a consultant, I just want to address Penz last comment.

It IS possible that with custom programming, add-ons and consulting (in particular), that the total cost may indeed approach the cost of purchasing mid-range (tier 4 up to tier 2 possibly) ERP software.

BUT, keep in mind, that in all likelihood, the cost of consulting and training and process definition and project management and such would all be there with the mid-range product as well.  And it would be ON TOP of the cost of the software.  AND, mid-range also carries a higher annual maintenance fee cost as well.

Now, that said, you also get a great many features and flexibility that you don't get with DBA.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #7 - 04/08/03 at 16:05:12

That website is the correct site, the modified version of Business Manager and is to be labeled as Ezijobz SME. there should be a product overview there as well

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Reply #8 - 04/08/03 at 17:23:23

Here is the overview:

http://www.summitsolutions.co.nz/ezijobz-bmsme.html

Day SQL Announced >Grin  Cheesy  Smiley  Wink  undecided  Shocked  Sad  Angry  ???  cry > Today

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Carla
Browser

Reply #9 - 04/10/03 at 14:41:53

Was there an answer to whether or not DBA-SQL is dead or not?  I just looked at the website for ezijobz.com and I am concerned as I did not see Accounting, Payroll, etc.  We, too, purchased DBA last year knowing that a new windows version was coming out.  We are very disappointed if this is what is going to be available. Sad

Carla W.
PSI Polymer Systems
Hickory, NC
phone: 828-345-6264
fax: 828-345-6265
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #10 - 04/10/03 at 15:08:56

All of the above reasons are precisely why we are offering Evolution as an alternative to EziJobz.  It will introduce a full WIndows interface gradually without the learning curve and disruption involved with changing software.  The first release is simply a menu that goes on top of DBA but over time we will be releasing more and more full Windows content to go with it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #11 - 04/10/03 at 16:53:42

as a consultant for users of DBA software, i am also training on the new product of Ezijobz SME. this Ezijobz is the DBA-SQL product. DBA Software is going to become two different companies, one for each product line. the Ezijobz SME will have the accounting, inventory, manufacturing and a whole bunch more. the great thing is the the DBA Software you are used to will continue to be supported by both DBA Software and the Program enhancements provided by Lynn here at IStechsupport

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
ASM

The Guitarman...

Reply #12 - 04/11/03 at 08:19:38

Hi,
 3 things I'm concerned about with the ezijobz is does it have EDI support compatiable with the current DBA? Does it have compatibilty with Checkmark payroll? And does it have Data labor collection?
Jim

IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Reply #13 - 04/11/03 at 10:44:54

No, No and No.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #14 - 04/11/03 at 11:04:23

Obviously Tim is working on trying to not be so verbose.......

LOL!! Grin

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print