Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Website (Read 4828 times)
ASM

The Guitarman...

Re: Website
Reply #15 - 04/14/03 at 06:44:58

no EDI, no Labor collection, no Payroll. Sounds like a great software package...NOT! I'm looking at the newletter from Mike Hart I recieved in December and most of same functions were supposed to be incorporated in the new SQL version. I don't know what happened but I feel I been had.

IP Logged
JamesTaylor
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 10/27/03 at 14:53:21

To answer the intial poster, EZIJOBS uses "Firebird" as a database, which is really an open source version of Borlands' Interbase.  

I believe Pervasive SQL will be a thing of the past...as will the archaic file structure know as Btrieve.  I have heard all the "Well, it is faster than XXXX" but I am soooooooooooooooo sick of data management issues with Btrieve, I could just spit.

Interbase was nice when I used it five years ago, not sure what it looks like now.

I am surprised they did not use MySQL since it is robust, open source (although, they would have to pay a $300.00 royalty per sold copy...that is probably it).

Hope this answers the DBA - SQL question.

James Taylor
http://www.AICompany.com
Web Design, Web Hosting and Search Engine Optimization

Email   IP Logged
karaya
Browser

44 Group - Ezijobz
and DBA Software
Services

Reply #17 - 10/27/03 at 15:04:53

The version of Ezijobz that was released to several DBA customers is considered an "early release" version.  Best described as "kick the tires" version.  It is by no means complete and was not intended to be complete with the early release.  EDI and Data Collection are in the process of being added to Ezijobz. Data Collection will include abilities to collect from hand held PDA type devices as well. Payroll is being looked at and may have a interface for Paychex services.

Also on the part of DBA-SQL.  That was a name DBA came up with a while ago for the advanced product. That has been dropped and it is now known as Ezijobz.

« Last Edit: 10/27/03 at 16:57:08 by karaya »  

Raymond Kemp
44 Group, Inc. - Ezijobz and DBA Services
636-946-1513
www.44group.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print