Send Topic Print
BOM Availability (Read 857 times)
nigels
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

BOM Availability
04/22/03 at 06:36:23

Hi, We control the assembly of Printed Circuit Boards with a whole host of components.
I create the BOM component by component so I can use the Reference field to identify the coimponent (eg R1 R2 etc)
This means that I can have the same component on the BOM a number of times.
When I run the BOM Availability, just as a quick check to see if I have ordered enough components (before I lock in the BOM by creating a WO) The program has no sense of what it is doing with these 'same' components, ie if we have a stock of 1, then even if it is used a 100 times on the BOM, because it is only used in 1's (one per line) it thinks we have suficient to perform a build !
It should perform a consolidation of the BOM before it tests the quantities.

IP Logged
Mike_Habich

Re: BOM Availability
Reply #1 - 04/22/03 at 08:09:29

Other deficiencies:
--Phantom assys always show shortages, even if components of phantom are in stock.
--If you view multi-level, each subassy and component is listed and treated separately, with no logic connecting them.

We had a custom written that corrects none of the above problems, but displays PO number, blanket release quantities, and dates expected .  Very useful.

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: BOM Availability
Reply #2 - 04/23/03 at 12:03:47

Yes, I have an open programming request in - "BM-D Needs Major Overhaul"   Will see what I can do about prioritizing it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print