features & options??? (Read 1341 times)
boomco
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

features & options???
05/02/03 at 17:10:46

hello,
i was curious if anyone has any experience with the features & options part of the items menu...
i'm trying to figure out how to build a b.o.m. and i'm a little confused how to make it so that there are options (i.e. a variety of colors)???
any help or literature would be great!!!
thanks,
marc
(e-mail) marc@boomco.net

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: features & options???
Reply #1 - 05/02/03 at 22:56:27

I can certainly guide you through using this, but it is a chargeable service.

You could also buy a support package from Lynn and she can guide you through it.  But that too is a chargeable service.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #2 - 05/03/03 at 08:17:34

Quote from boomco   on 05/02/03 at 17:10:46:
hello,
any help or literature would be great!!!

If you don't have a manual (they used to physically send them out, and updated pages with every yearly CD release, but after it got to taking a whole ream of paper for each one they gave it up) try http://www.dbasoftware.com/techsupport/docs.html for a pdf version.

I read every single page of the manual before implementing DBA in our company. I think you need to; so that you know all the options and implications of the choices you make. Either that or hire a consultant who not only knows DBA, but is willing to learn about your company and its needs.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 05/03/03 at 11:30:26

You don't need to go online, the pdf versions are in your DBA folder - ACCTUG.PDF and MFGUG.PDF.  And I would emphasize one point of David's post - if you are going to hire any sort of consultant, they need to BOTH understand DBA AND be willing to take the time to learn the way your business operates.  Otherwise, you may end up with an implementation that does not take advantage of the flexibility of DBA to conform to many different business models and be forced to change operating procedures to conform to the software rather than mold the software as much as is possible to comform with your business practice.  Not to say you can implement DBA and not change anything but you can to a large extent mold it to meet your needs.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Rhonda @ Titan West
Browser

A Coke and a Smile

Reply #4 - 05/05/03 at 14:45:00

I have found that the best learning tool is to make a copy of your current data (create another company) and play with it.  It is very helpful to play with information that is familiar to you yet not have to be concerned with unnecessary data in your company data.  Creating a copy company is very easy - Use System Manager UT-I and then if you need help, hit your F1 key and it will bring up "HELP" for you.
Rhonda
Linn Enterprises
linnent@bluevalley.net

Rhonda Meyerhoff
Bookkeepper
Titan West, Inc.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print