Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/06/24 at 05:23:07
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copying/creating info back to default company (Read 760 times)
Vanetta
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Copying/creating info back to default company
05/08/03 at 09:57:33

???
Lynn or Any members,
While inputing sales orders, one of the ladies entered the sales orders in the original default company and then entered orders that had shipped in the test (22)
company.  We are trying to get everything up to a run side by side point from 5/1/03 to today.  

If I want to UT-I copy existing data over back to the default company--will it copy over or if I say "no" will it just add info to default company?

Thanks,
Vanetta
PEC MFG

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Copying/creating info back to default company
Reply #1 - 05/08/03 at 10:18:11

It will overwrite the data, not add to it.  There is a Pervasive utility that can be used to merge files, but I need to know exactly what data you are trying to merge together to see if it can be done.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Vanetta
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 05/13/03 at 09:34:00

Lynn,  
I have worked on cleaning up the purchase orders in the default company (PEC Mfg)( ).  What I would like to see is if we can get them over to the test company that we are trying to get up and running(PEC MFG-Test #2)(22). Can we get all open po's over to the test company or do I have to delete in default and re-enter in test co?

Thank you,

Vanetta Smiley

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 05/13/03 at 10:57:23

Are you talking about POs or Sales Orders?  The first post referred to Sales Orders but now you are talking about POs.  In either case, you can copy the files over if you want to replace what is in the test company.  If yu look in the on-lone Help in DBA there is a section listing File names by module.  You would want all the PO files as well as the vendor files and maybe AP too if you are processing invoices against the POs.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print