Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/06/24 at 14:28:10
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Dot Matrix Nightmare, but with Win2k??? (Read 637 times)
skyywalker

Use [the] Force
Luke!

Another Dot Matrix Nightmare, but with Win2k???
05/22/03 at 20:49:25

I converted a Win98 box to Win2K that's printing to a dot matrix printer (Epson FX-880 using Generic/Text Driver per DBA v2002.3 instructions).  The user told me that when printing an Acknowledgement, the "LIN" header for the line items reads "IN".  As a matter of fact the first character for the line numbers and the ending lines are missing too.  

I thought that I could adjust it with the Margin Side setting in UT-F, but characters that were at the right margin were pushed to a new line by themselves.

So I tried reducing the Regular Size setting from 11 to 10 to 9 to 8 AND the compressed size from 7 to 6 to 5.  No change!

Then I tried changing the printable area settings in the driver...  still nothing.

After a while I dismissed it as a fluke with that particular system, so I tried it on my laptop and another system...same thingAngry

My suspicion is that the problem is in the printer because jobs sent to the laser printer are fine.

Any suggestions undecided

Malcolm Boykin
Hectech Support, LLC
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Another Dot Matrix Nightmare, but with Win2k??
Reply #1 - 05/22/03 at 21:01:08

What if you use the Epson driver?  The Generic Driver is only needed for the 7" checks (and is documented that the page size doesn't work for WIN NT/2K).  A 11" standard page should work withe the Epson driver.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
skyywalker

Use [the] Force
Luke!

Re: Another Dot Matrix Nightmare, but with Win2k??
Reply #2 - 05/27/03 at 12:57:05

It's slow, but seems to work!!!

I thought I tried this before but it's not in my journal so I have no idea what would've made me switch it back...???

Anyway, I think I'm Grin now, thanks!

Malcolm Boykin
Hectech Support, LLC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print