Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 10:10:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Use of the "Customer Class" field (Read 790 times)
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Use of the "Customer Class" field
05/09/03 at 12:05:56

I'm just wondering what people have used this for. I'm thinking about using it to streamline the processing of statements - that way I can do all emailed ones, then FAXed ones and lastly the ones that have to be mailed.

I'm not currently using the class for anything, though I've been planning to use it to differentiate between distributor, wholesale, contractor and retail. Obviously I can do a combination of uses, but was just wondering what other potential uses it has and how I should take that into consideration before going ahead with it.

Ideally, AR-A would have the same type of class codes as CM-A, so that you'd have almost unlimited flexibility, but since it doesn't I'd like to get it well thought out for the best use.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lenette

That's why they call
it work!!

Re: Use of the "Customer Class" field
Reply #1 - 05/10/03 at 13:14:47

I use the Class field in AR-A as a way to sort customers beyond the price field.  In other words, recently, I needed to send pricing information to various distributor levels and not to retail customers.  I could not find a way to easily sort customers names & address by price code (exempting all retail codes) so I quickly (via Maintain Database) just added Class codes that mirrored our pricing structure.

Now if there is an easier way... I'd like to know!

Lenette

Version: Current (always current on patches)
Build - 05/21/19 T7-7iR11
Pervasive 12.00 - EVO seats 15 DC seats 5
DBA since 2002

Lenette Egan
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email WWW   IP Logged
Karen Mason

Ain't life grand!?!

Reply #2 - 05/19/03 at 10:47:20

We use the customer class field to designate the type of industry such as areospace, military, truck trailer hardware, fasteners etc.  (Need the information for an association we belong to).

Karen Mason, Vice President
Bula Forge & Machine, Inc.
1-60# forgings, machining, & assembly
Cleveland, OH
Tel:216-252-7600 Fax:216-252-7601 www.bulaforge.com
EVO-ERP 09/16/09 SP2
Email WWW   IP Logged
JLZimm
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/20/03 at 17:58:53

We use it to differenciate between, wholesale accounts (grocery stores) , distributors ( who have there own wholesale customers), end user resellers (restaurants and espresso operators), and retail purchasers  ( the growing number of people addicted to our coffees who have moved outside our distribution area .

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print