Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clearing Account (Read 1027 times)
Carla
Browser

Clearing Account
05/12/03 at 14:18:22

I may be asking an accounting question rather than a DBA question, but I'm new to DBA and Accounting so bear with me!

I have numerous GL transactions that are in my 99999 account - they range from inventory that I have received in and invoiced, in addition to items sold to customers.   What accounts do I put items such as inventory in?   (GL Acct. COGS or GL Acct Inventory)?  

I know that before I can post any of my RS and RP's, I have to remove all of these items from the 99999 account.  

This may be simple, but I feel overwhelmed right now.  embarrassedAny assistance is appreciated!  Roll Eyes Thanks in advance!

Carla W.
PSI Polymer Systems
Hickory, NC
phone: 828-345-6264
fax: 828-345-6265
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Clearing Account
Reply #1 - 05/12/03 at 14:30:27

It depends where they came from and if they are debit or credit.  Normal posting of a sales invoice would be a Credit to Inventory Asset account and a Debit to COGS.  Normal posting of a PO Receipt would be a Debit to Unventory Asset and a credit to PO/RNI.

In addition, you need to look at your default settings and item classes to determine what is set incorrectly causing the Clearing Account postings.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
RAGINE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 05/12/03 at 14:41:52

Hi,
If you have GL Posting turned on, you should have all of these assigned to Acct #'s, as there are many entries for each transaction. Inventory Class Defaults are set up in MM-A
Items sold to customers & invoiced post to the  Accts Recv, Inventory & COGS Accts. Purchase Orders post to  Accts Payable, Rcvd not Invoiced & Inventory Asset Accts.  
Ragine

Ragine Hendrickson
Manufacturing Systems Inc/TRU-CATCH TRAPS
ISTECH 2004.1 10/31/06 UPDATE
Email WWW   IP Logged
Carla
Browser

Reply #3 - 05/13/03 at 09:33:23

Thanks Lynn and Ragine for the help and advice!  Cheesy

This will help me understand what I've done (or haven't done!)... Roll Eyes

Carla W.