Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Windows Me conversion (Read 3297 times)
TFay
Ex Member

Re: Windows Me conversion
Reply #15 - 05/23/03 at 17:23:37

Also, do I need to do a workstation setup on the server?

IP Logged
TFay
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/28/03 at 18:09:31

I do not know who all will see this message but it is intended to thank all of you who helped me through some difficult tasks.  I did upgrade the machine we use as a server from Win Me to Win 2000 Pro.  The upgrade went fine even though Microsoft officially does not support this particullar upgrade path.  We don't use other programs on this PC so the incompatability issues were of no importance.  Now our system is up and running fine and for the last several days our system speed issues have disappeared and all is well!!!!!!!  Thanks to all who responded to my issues.  By the way of our seven workstations, one I upgraded to Win 2000, 2 are running Win 95, one is Win Me, and three are Win 98SE and we are not experiencing any problems.  ( I probably should eventually bring all of the workstations to a common operating system but if it ain't broke don't fix it they say.)

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #17 - 05/28/03 at 19:06:03

I am glad it helped your performance problems.  I would update the WIN ME station.  The others are OK although the latest Pervasive isn't supported on WIN 95 nor does Mocrosoft support it any more so eventually you will need to go there.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
JLZimm

Reply #18 - 06/04/03 at 22:59:51

I am glad that this all worked for you.  I do, however, strongly advise that you upgrade the 95 machines.   MS has not supported this operating system for almost three years now.  The range of operating systems that you are running will get you sooner or later.   Life is much easier if you plan upgrades like that, rather than be forced into them by incompatibility issues.

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc

Jeanette Zimmerman
Lowery & Company Inc.
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #19 - 06/05/03 at 12:10:22

We finally got rid of our last Win95 machine a few months ago.  (and it only had 16mgs)
It handled DBA just fine...the problem was we bought a new super fast dot matrix printer that would not run on win95.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print