Send Topic Print
Returned & Reworked (Read 726 times)
benp
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Returned & Reworked
05/29/03 at 14:26:51

Our customer returned (10) Sub-assemblies to be reworked.  We did a negative item on the original SO to add the returned items back into inventory and we are using a new SO for the "new" items.  

We now have (10) items on-hand (the returned items).  On a normal job we usually would WO-I to enter the items into finished production, but that would give us an extra (10) items in inventory.

How do we use the (10) returned items w/o adding (10) more to finished production?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Returned & Reworked
Reply #1 - 05/29/03 at 15:19:48

Open a work order for 10 of the item.  Use WO-K-B and edit the BOM to remove the normal components used for production.  Issue the 10 returned parts to the work order.  While a part can not be entered on its own master BOM, it CAN be issued to a work order for itself.  Then add the cost of the rework labor and any components used in the rework and then WO-I and ship.

One caution to using this method.  If you use the same part number as the original item and you also have good parts in stock, the costing will average the good and reworked parts.  If that is the case, you may need to create a new part number for the reworked parts (same part number with an R at the end or something), then open a WO for the R part and issue the 10 returned parts to it.  WO-I and invoice the R part.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print