Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RNI (Read 1439 times)
Juan
Ex Member

RNI
06/02/03 at 09:47:45

"Print PO-I-F  Print Received not Invoiced and PO-J-B  Print Inventory in QC as of month end.  The total of the two reports should agree with your PO’s Received not Invoiced GL account."
The figure that have to be compared is the diference on the general ledger report, and the total of the other two reports. So that if the GL is 12000 in one side (CR) and 10000 on the other side (DVT) the diference is 2000, so you compare this 2000 to the total of the other two report,  should also be 2000 if everything is perfect. Is this correct?
Also PO-I-F do we run it for the month, or year to date?
Thx
Juan

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: RNI
Reply #1 - 06/02/03 at 11:53:32

No, it is not the change in the GL but the ending balance that should agree with the total of the 2 reports.  PO-I-F should be run with a "from" Actual Received date older than the oldest item that is still waiting to be invoiced through the month end date.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
charlien
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/03/03 at 08:48:38

Lynn let me put it in a different way
 We are in the process of reconciling the RNI report(which is PO-I-F) as of 5/31/03 to our General Ledger account # 2010 for the same period end. The balance for the PO-I-F is $37,352.32 and our General Ledger balance is a debit balance in the amount of $30,683.58. From your analysis of the above please indicate what our difference is. Thank you for your help in this matter.                                                                              

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 06/03/03 at 09:50:54

Something is way off, the PO/RNI account should be a credit balance, not a debit.  Sounds like PO Receipts aren't hitting the GL at all.  Check the Accounting Defaults (AD-A assuming you are on 2002.4) for the Post PO Transactions setting.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
charlien
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 06/03/03 at 11:03:26

Thank you for your reply but we were hoping you would confirm the difference between the General ledger and the RNI listing was $68,035.90. If you agree please confirm. Thanks.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 06/03/03 at 11:04:40

Yes, I would agree that is the amount you are off.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print