Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Installing DBA (Read 1700 times)
Rickl
Ex Member

Installing DBA
07/02/03 at 06:33:07

I have been fighting for a week with a virus in my desktop that puts my computer in real slow mode. I have tried to load Norton and a few other antivirus but to no avail. I have come to the conclusion that the computer must be brought back from a quick restore (factory settings) and then reload applications. I am running Windows 98 second edition. Also DBA 2002.4.

I have tried loading DBA on a older computer with Windows 95 and it keeps coming up with "TP5WDBA -  This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. " In the details it says "Caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.EXE @ 0002:00005c53" (DBA website does not specify that DBA could not be run on Win95.

I also have tried on another Computer with Win 98 2nd Edition and at start up it looks for W3BDSMRG.EXE and give an error btrieve: 8013.

Any suggestions beside entering a Frisbie throwing contest would be most appreciated.  ???

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Installing DBA
Reply #1 - 07/02/03 at 08:31:46

You didn't indicate whether you are referring to the machine acting as the DBA "Server" or if the server is OK and you are just referring to a client.  In either event, you need to reinstall Pervasive - either the server engine or client requester.  If this is simply a client, you can install Pervasive client requester from the DBAMFG\Pervasive folder on the server.  You also need to re-run the SETUP.EXE from the DBAMFG\Workstation Setup folder on the server.

If this station is the DBA Server, you need to reinstall the Pervasive engine from the Workgroup folder on the latest DBA CD.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Rickl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/04/03 at 17:41:23

Lynn,
I have run the system restore on my main computer and brought back to day one after backiing up all the data files. It did remove the virus and I was able to reinstall Antivirus software on it. I have been succesful in installing all applications that I run on it except DBA. As mentioned in my previous post, I still receive the KRNL386.EXE @ 0002:00005c83 error at the DBA spash screen. As of now, this is the only copy of DBA running (or trying to run). I installed off of the 2004.2 CD with autorun. Everything went well as with the Pervasive Software. All tests confirmed a good install.

This is a Win98 Second Edition OS.

I did as you suggested, reinstall the Pervasive engine from the Workgroup folder from the 2004.2 CD, but still receive the error at the DBA splash screen after rebooting.

Could I be doing the installation wrong? ie. sequence.

Thanks -  

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 07/04/03 at 18:21:24

Run the SETUP.EXE from the DBAMFG\Workstation Setup folder.  You are missing an INI file that DBA needs and running that setup program will install it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Rickl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/05/03 at 12:07:32

Lynn,

Thanks -

I guess if I had not been so frustrated and read the last post you gave to me completely then the problem would have been solved a while ago.  

System  is a go.  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print