Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 06:49:31
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ACCOUNT PAYABLE AGING TOTAL DIFFERS FROM GL AP BAL (Read 1242 times)
lynnkissinger

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

ACCOUNT PAYABLE AGING TOTAL DIFFERS FROM GL AP BAL
09/04/03 at 14:33:46

HAD A PROBLEM WITH A CREDIT CARD INVOICE.  VOIDED THE AP CHECK, AND REPRINTED CHECK.  NOW MY AP AGING SHOWS THE FIRST VOIDED AMOUNT, BUT IT IS NOT REFLECTED ON THE GL ACCT.  THE AGING SHOULD BE ZERO, THUS MATCHING MY GL BALANCE.  I CAN'T FIGURE THIS ONE OUT.  I REVIEWED MY GL TRANSACTIONS, AND EVERYTHING LOOKS OKAY.  HOW CAN I CLEAR THIS OFF MY AP AGING TO GET THE BALANCE EQUAL TO MY GL BALANCE?

IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: ACCOUNT PAYABLE AGING TOTAL DIFFERS FROM GL AP
Reply #1 - 09/04/03 at 15:27:05

I've had problems with this too when we void checks.  The only way I know to fix it is to delete the duplicate entries through Maintain Database.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 09/04/03 at 15:33:17

You need to look at both the BKAPINVT and BKAPCHKH files in Maintain Database to figure out where the extrra entry on the Aging is coming from.  Aging looks at invoices in BKAPINVT and applies payments from BKAPCHKH up through the Aging date.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
lynnkissinger

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 09/09/03 at 13:42:59

I'VE NEVER HAD TO USE MAINTAIN DATABASE, COULD YOU HELP ME THOUGH IT.  I WENT INTO MAIN MENU, MAINTAIN DATABASE, FOUND SEVERAL FILES WITH BKAINVT AND BKAPCHKH ALL WITH DIFFERENT EXTENSION NAMES.  CLICK ON ALL OF THEM AND RECEIVED BTREIVE STATUS 11.  FILENAME INVALID. KEY= \SM\BKAPINVT.BSMDBIERR_INVALIDE FILE NAME.  WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?  THEN IF I GET TO THE FILE, HOW DO I CORRECT ANY ERRORS?  THANKS.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 09/09/03 at 14:30:12

To fix the error 11, you need to go to UT-A, program MDBFXREG.  Accept the path, then exit DBA and come back in.  As for the file extensions, you need to know what the extension of your company code is.  The B is the Default Company, the B99 is the sample company that comes with DBA and any other extensions are companies you have created.  If you click File - Change Company and look at the list of companies available, the company code (without the "B") is shown in brackets after the name.  The company you are currently in is not displayed on the list so if you are in your company, whatever one is not listed is the file set you want.

As for the data, find an invoice that has been paid normally and look at both the BKAPINVT and BKAPCHKH records and see how the data is coordinated.  Then look at the records for the items you are having trouble with and see if you can identofy the problem.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
inflsys
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 12/02/03 at 07:51:48

I also have a problem with a difference between the GL account and the A/P aging report. It resulted from a check being voided and then reissued. Looking at BKAPINVT & BKAPCHKH, everything appears to be correct. If I print a Vendor Transaction Listing (from A/P Aging) I see that the voided check has entries in the invoice column (where it should be) and also in the Amount Remaining column. This entry has to be deleted. Does anyone know where this is in the data base.

Thanks, (this is the first time I'm on this forum)

Bob
Inflation Systems ???

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print