News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TAS6 Demo (Read 956 times)
nicknails

TAS6 Demo
10/24/03 at 10:53:31

I know this has been mentioned in this forum before, but it's been a while.

I recently downloaded and tried out the TAS6 Demo.  There is definitely a speed problem.  The initial screen takes a while to pop up and when I go into something like Inventory Inquiry, it's really slow.

The other problem I have is sometimes the window is too large for the screen.  A couple buttons will be unreadable because the window is too low.

I'm currently running Windows 2000 on the workstation and Windows 2000 Server on the file server where DBA is installed.  I do have Norton 2004 and I excluded all *.RUN and *.RWN in NAV.  I also shut off Autoprotect, so only my email files get scanned and not what's going back and forth to the server.

What can I do to speed things up a bit?  So far my first inpression of TAS6 is not that good because of the speed issues.  I'm sure if the speed is corrected, my confidence will be restored.

Nick Naylor
American Power Design
3 Industrial Drive Unit 6
Windham, NH 03087

(603)-894-4446

nick@apowerdesign.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: TAS6 Demo
Reply #1 - 10/24/03 at 11:00:50

Just as a test, try disabling Norton altogether just to see if it has any effect on speed.  Obviously that is not a solution but if it makes the difference then at least we know where to look.

As for screen size, go the System Manager - TAS - C - Set Configuration.   User Options, and change the setting for RUN Form Display Size.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
nicknails

Reply #2 - 10/30/03 at 05:17:46

I completely disabled Norton and I get the same speed.  Once I get into something, such as Inventory Inquiry, it works fine.  The trouble is loading the page.  

Also, every time I close something, Enter Sales Order or Inventory Inquiry or anything that takes me back to the main page, I get an error.

The addresses are not the same everytime.

Nick Naylor
American Power Design
Windham, NH 03087

(603)-894-4446

nick@apowerdesign.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 10/30/03 at 06:51:00

What Operating System?  Have you tried another workstation?  Something is definitely wrong if you are getting those errors - plenty of other people are using Evo without memory errors like that.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
nicknails

Reply #4 - 10/30/03 at 06:55:04

All my workstations are Windows 2000.  My file server is Windows 2000 Server.  I have a couple different workstations that I will try it on and see if the errors go away.  I don't think that the two problems are related.

Nick Naylor
American Power Design
Windham, NH 03087

(603)-894-4446

nick@apowerdesign.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print