Send Topic Print
GL-O not balancing (Read 1479 times)
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

GL-O not balancing
12/03/03 at 08:47:48

Using Evo with 11/4 update.

This has never been a problem before, but I've had it happen three times now in the past two weeks where GL-O doesn't balance.  It is always caused by the same situation--receiving a PO.  I always get the credit to RNI, but nothing else to the transaction.  Even more problematic is that the inventory items are not being received in.  The QOH is not updated and there is no transaction showing.  But the PO shows closed and I can go into AP-C to apply the invoice.  I tried reversing everything and re-doing it, but I still get the same problem.  Any ideas as to what may be going on?

Thanks,
Sean
Leybold Optics

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: GL-O not balancing
Reply #1 - 12/03/03 at 09:45:55

No errors during the receiving process?  Any common thread among the three occurrences such as Lot control or the same item number or something?  I have not had any other reports of this problem.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/03/03 at 10:06:26

Nothing that I can see.  The vendors and items are different.  We don't use lot or serial control, F&O's, or make-from's.  They were just typical PO's for stock parts from vendors we do quite a bit of transactions with.  Other receipts for the vendor on the same day were processed with no problems.  The clerk that enters the transactions had no problems and didn't realize there was a problem until I asked her about it.  I tried fixing it in both regular DBA and Evo and even on different PC's to no avail.  Also tried the fix binary zeroes routine, but that didn't work either.

WWW   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 12/04/03 at 05:43:20

I think I figured out what is causing this, but I am still not sure why.  The 2 PO's that I had problems with yesterday do not have anything in the PO type field.  I tried going through PO-A to make it a P (we never do service PO's), but can't get to that field.  It appears to me that the correct field in maintain database is bkap_po_confirm(2).  Can anyone confirm that this correct?

Thanks,
Sean

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 12/04/03 at 06:53:51

Yes, that is the correct field but I am not sure how you were ever able to create a PO without it.  You could run UT-K-B on the BKAPPO file and change all values of that field to P to make sure there aren't any more.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #5 - 12/04/03 at 18:22:12

Lynn,

You may or may not recall that one of my clients (UMC) had EXACTLY this same bug a while back and Allen made a change in the PO-A run file that fixed it. Might want to check with him.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 12/12/03 at 10:07:40

Had this problem again today.  I made sure that all PO's were coded as "P" in maintain database when I had the problem last week; however, this occured on a PO that was not in the system at that time.  The PO date was listed as 00/00/00 also.  Appears that something is happening when the buyers are first entering the PO's.

Sean
Leybold Optics

WWW   IP Logged
jeanb
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 12/29/03 at 08:41:53

Check to see if the PO has a type "P" on it when you go back into it.  We have this happen every now and then and have never figured out why.  Also see the same problem someone else had in this forum under DBA Items.  I cannot find a common link with the po's this happens to, but the amount received is also not in the total qty on hand either and I end up with an unbalanced g/l transaction also.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #8 - 12/29/03 at 09:47:33

Are the PO's all being entered manually in PO-A or are they converted from RFQ, generated by MRP or copied from existing PO?  Need to determine under what circumstances the PO is being saved without the P/S designation and date.  This should be pulled in as soon as the vendor code is entered in PO-A.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
jeanb
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 12/31/03 at 13:11:14

We have been having this exact same problem.  As far as I can tell, there is no common link.  Our po's are entered manually.  It has happened quite a bit lately, and started happening in September of 2003.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print