News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
work station set-up (Read 872 times)
ddlong

work station set-up
12/30/03 at 10:21:11

I ran the upgrade to 2002.4 then added the istech upgrade.  Everything was working well until I tried to get into maintain database and couldn't.  I don't remember the error it gave me, but something made me think it was looking in my C drive instead of the server.  I tried to find the error number, but the trouble shooting on the help now doesn't show the error numbers...so I tried to go to pervasive only to find out that pervasive is missing on my station.  I tried to re-run my work station set-up but haven't had any luck.  When I try to get into DBA it gives me error 8020.  Also, I had all of DBA backed up to my C drive.  I was wondering if I confused something by having the same files on both drives.  

All other stations are working properly so DBA is fine but
I can't get on.   What should I do.

Darla Long
Catalytic Industrial Group, Inc.
Independence Ks
dba 2004.1 client/server EVO Version 2020.0 08/07/20 Build Pervasive 11.3
  IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: work station set-up
Reply #1 - 12/30/03 at 10:27:57

1.  Get the DBA install CD.

2.  Go to the Cleanup folder on the CD and install the clean utility on your machine.

3.  Uninstall the Pervasive client from your machine using Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Answer No to the various prompts about removing registry entries and such.

4.  Run the clean-up utility and fully clean your machine.

5.  Assumably you have a mapped drive to the PVSW directory (Pervasive) on your server. Re-install the Pervasive client.

6. Re-install the DBA client from the server.

7.  Go to UT-A and run "MDBFXREG" and make sure the path it brings up points to the mapped drive for DBA on the server.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #2 - 12/30/03 at 11:28:57

Thanks, however, I 'm a little unsure on the client installations.  Is installing the pervasive client the same as the work station set-up?  And re-installing the dba client from the server...do I have to physically go to the work station that controls the server or just be able to hit the server location?  Sorry I'm so clueless.

Darla Long

Darla Long
Catalytic Industrial Group, Inc.
Independence Ks
dba 2004.1 client/server EVO Version 2020.0 08/07/20 Build Pervasive 11.3
  IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #3 - 12/30/03 at 12:05:56

If you are running in a true client/server set-up (not a peer-to-peer) than there should be a folder on the server called PVSW. That is the server install of Pervasive. You must have a drive letter mapped from the client workstation to that folder and have appropriate rights to it (usually the Everyone group).

Under that folder is a folder called Clients and then a folder called Win. There is a Setup.exe file in there that you would browse to from the client and this will install the Pervasive client on the workstation.

Then under DBAMFG on the server (again you should have a mapped drive to this), there is a Workstation Setyp folder with a Setup.exe file. Once you have successfully installed and tested the Pervasive client, then you run this which puts in some registry settings and allows you to run DBA from the client.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #4 - 12/30/03 at 12:47:55

I'm back in ...thanks for everything.