Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 07:54:38
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
YE post to RE messed up! (Read 807 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

YE post to RE messed up!
01/09/04 at 16:38:06

cry HelP! WE have a major YE problem.  Our accounting person was posting transactions after we had done the year end routine.  She printed and posted one type (RP) and then before exiting the program, GL-O, printed and posted another type(GL). DBA took the Retained earnings amount from the first batch and added it to the second batch's posting to retained earnings.  She did this three different  times on three different days, all with the same results.   Needless to say, we are out of balance.  I made a test company and changed the totals for the transactions to RE in maintain database but this did not change the situation.  Anyone have a solution?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: YE post to RE messed up!
Reply #1 - 01/09/04 at 17:37:46

Post correcting transactions that zero out the effect of those erroneous transactions. Then go to UT-A and run program GLEREDO. You may also want to recalulate the GL chart of accounts (UT-something or other...)

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 01/12/04 at 10:57:29

Actually, if all the erroneous transactions are YE type, all you need to do is UT-A, GLEREDO.  

I had seen prior reports of this for a couple of years (old DBA bug) but nobody could clearly explain what they did or could duplicate.  Thanks to your description, I think we can now get this old bug fixed!  Thanks!

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #3 - 01/13/04 at 11:31:01

HI Lynn, glad we could give some details that will help fix this.  I reproduced the event in a test company just now so that I could run that utility and had a problem with it.  When I went to post the year end journal entries that it produced for the past 3 years(!) I got an error message that about half of the 230  transactions had an invalid date, 12/31/2002, so I exited since this is only a test company and not the real thing!
We had already fixed the error in the real company by isolating the transaction in the RE account and editing it in maintain database, BKGLTRAN, and then running UT-K-D for the RE GL account.  This worked.  I just don't know if we cleaned it up completely.   Would this error be kept in any other records?
P.S. I love this forum! Grin

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 01/13/04 at 16:53:44

Editing BKGLTRAN and then running UT-K-D will take care of it, no other filesw affected.  The other would have worked too, you just need to set the GL Close date in AM-A back prior to the oldest entry so you can post them.  GLEREDO regenerates all the closing entries back to the beginning of 2 years past.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print