Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Modify Forms - Help! (Read 663 times)
geo@jps
Browser

Modify Forms - Help!
01/13/04 at 12:13:26

All,

I need to add a chunk of text about export control to the bottom of our Packing List (BKSOC4.RTM) and our Invoice (BKSOF4.RTM). The message can either print at the bottom of each page or at the bottom of the last page.

Can I put this text in one of the existing parts of the report? Any help would be greatly appreciated - Report Builder stumps me every time!

George

IP Logged
Karen Mason

Ain't life grand!?!

Re: Modify Forms - Help!
Reply #1 - 01/13/04 at 15:51:53

Yes you can add a text message.  The way I do it is to save the form under a different name, in this case you could use something like BKSOCEX.rtm.

Then, add your text and save to new form #.  That way, if it gets messed up you'll still have the original and the option to use either form when you print.  

Remember to go back to the main page before saving otherwise the forms won't work.

If you need more info, contact me at kmason@bulaforge.com...but I'm leaving for the night.

Karen Mason, Vice President
Bula Forge & Machine, Inc.
1-60# forgings, machining, & assembly
Cleveland, OH
Tel:216-252-7600 Fax:216-252-7601 www.bulaforge.com
EVO-ERP 09/16/09 SP2
Email WWW   IP Logged
geo@jps
Browser

Reply #2 - 01/14/04 at 09:29:20

All,

I guess I wasn't clear in my question. What I need to know is where on the report I need to put my text.  

For example on my modified BKSOC4.RTM I tried to put it in the footer and now I get infinite pages on every report. Should it go in the Group Header, the Detail, or the Group Footer? Where in the section does it go as to not cause formatting problems?

Thanks!

George

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 01/15/04 at 07:32:22

It can go in any of the areas.

Is it printing infinite pages from Report Builder or from DBA? Report Builder will sometimes print infinite pages for no apparent reason. If it's in DBA I would suspect that there is too much space allocated to a page.

Make sure that the Height plus Print Position of the footer don't add up to more than 11" minus your printers minimum bottom margin capability.

To check or make those settings, right-click on the very bottom bar that says Group Footer and select Position. Here you can change the print position and height. If the bottom margin of your printer cannot be less than .25" the total should not be more than 10.75".

There is also a Bottom Offset, but I haven't figured out what that is for. I leave it at 0.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
geo@jps
Browser

Re: Modify Forms - Solution
Reply #4 - 01/16/04 at 12:40:48

Thanks for all the help!

I succesfully added the paragraph of text to both the Packing List (BKSOC4) and Invoice (BKSOF4) by adding it to the Group Footer. This means the text only gets printed and the end of the form, which is best in this case.

David's reply was quite helpful, care must be taken to keep the footer from being too big which will cause an extra page to be printed for each form.

Thanks again,

George

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print