Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 02:43:39
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
alternate grey/white background...invoice report (Read 484 times)
heliosquare

alternate grey/white background...invoice report
01/16/04 at 12:18:00

we use BKSOF3.RTM pretty much unmodified except for the addition of our logo for printing invoices.  I'm wondering if anyone knows how to alternate a grey/white background color for each of the line items on the invoice.  would make the invoice much easier to read...thanks.

WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: alternate grey/white background...invoice repo
Reply #1 - 01/16/04 at 12:41:35

Would have to be programmed. The fields are only in the detail band of the report once and would require programming to accomplish this.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #2 - 01/16/04 at 12:55:31

Probably not exactly the way you'd want it. The best thing I could come up with is to put a grey box on line 1 of every item. For those instances where you have multiple items with only one line you'd have to keep a space between so they don't run together.

The way we handle it is to put a horizontal line across the bottom of every item.

BTW, if you're not real familiar with the report modifier, you will want to do this on the first subreport. Be prepared for lots of testing, and obviously keep a copy of the original. Also, you might want to keep copies as you go along so that you can start over part way along if you need to.

edit: ours is done on the Packing Slip form, but it's the same procedure

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
heliosquare

Reply #3 - 01/16/04 at 13:31:41

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply.  I had thought about adding the horizontal line below each item but I thought it would get too busy...trial and error I guess.  

Speaking of packing slips...we have never used them because we didn't like how the packing slip number didn't match the invoice number.  We've only just recently upgraded to 2002.4 and I've been told this should not be the case any longer.  Is that true?  I know in SD-M you can edit the next packing slip number and make it the same as the next invoice number but will those numbers stay in sync if you release a SO with out printing a packing slip?  We've just been using acknowledgements in place of the packing slips but would like to start using them...thanks.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print