Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 04:01:19
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reprinting the wrong invoice #s (Read 588 times)
Stephanie
Browser

Reprinting the wrong invoice #s
01/30/04 at 13:04:36

In SO-F & SO-O-C when reprinting invoices if you use the lookup it prints the wrong invoice.  
ie. I needed to print invoice 10523 and when I selected it 10054 came up in the invoice# field Angry

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Reprinting the wrong invoice #s
Reply #1 - 01/30/04 at 15:08:31

I just tried and can't duplicate - are you sure you aren't confusing Invoice and Sales Order numbers?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Stephanie
Browser

Reply #2 - 01/30/04 at 15:23:12

Lynn,
Thanks for the prompt response. I am sure I am choosing the invoice #s. I am using the F2 key in SO-F and it is coming up with a different # than I choose.  
Within every module of the program I am having data and report errors. Is it possible to have a corrupt database?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 01/30/04 at 15:59:11

Yes, that is definitely possible.  One way to determine whether it is a data problem or a program bug is if you still have the DBA Test company (Manufacturing Answer) change to that company and try the same thing.  If it is data, then it will work but if there is a program problem, it will be wrong there too.

There is a Pervasive Rebuild utility that will rebuild the indexes of files - you may want to make a backup, then rebuild all your data files.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
vicki
Browser

Greetings

Reply #4 - 02/10/04 at 11:46:43

We have a similar problem. when more than 1 shipment is sent on the same sales order it has a tendicy to repeat the invoice number with different data.  It doesnt happen all the time just periodicaly and not on the same number so tring to track down what is happening is very difficult. Also when this happens you are unable to print that invoice again bucause the system goes to the original invoice. but if there is a back order that seems to work correctly. I dont know what to do or how to fix it we have just delt with it and when we have it happen just informing our customer about the problem, ???
Hopefully Lynn will see this and realize there is a problem.
 ???

Victoria Dukes
Thermometrics Corporation
www.thermometricscorp.com
Email WWW vichayden2002   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print