Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 20:14:11
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Materials Cost in the GL (Read 824 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Materials Cost in the GL
02/11/04 at 15:34:39

I am looking for a way to capture the cost of materials (as opposed to the cost of goods sold which includes labor) at the end of each month.  So far I have looked at the inventory reports and the shipments costing is in standard, the closed WO costing is good but doesn't separate finished goods from shipped items, and the month end summary for shipments appears to be average cost where it says actual, and it is a total for labor and materials.  In short, I can't find any numbers that agree!  Is any one else capturing this kind of information? Any suggestions? Thanks! Cheesy

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Materials Cost in the GL
Reply #1 - 02/11/04 at 17:58:47

Are you looking for the material portion of the cost of items shipped or what you spent on materials which may still be in stock or WIP as of the month end?  Closest estimate of the material portion of items shipped would be the material portion of Standard cost from the IN-N-B report.  Cost of materials received would be the P and J transaction types on the IN-N-A report.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #2 - 02/13/04 at 10:16:39

Thanks for your reply, Lynn.  Yes I am looking for the cost of materials for items shipped only and I would really like it if I could use standard cost in IN-N-B but unfortunately with some of our higher priced materials and inacurate (still!) bills the standard is often different from the actual. WE are largely a job shop and most of the time there is no way to get the standard cost completely in sync with the actual.  If I could find a report that extracts the actual labor from the total actual cost on shipped items I could at least have a number for materials and then I could make a journal entry every month to move materials to a different account.  I think I can do this with an export of the CGS account to excel but I was looking for an easier solution.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 02/13/04 at 11:04:41

The new JC-R report could work if there is a way to control the filters (Actual Finish Date maybe) to include the Work orders associated with the month's shipments,

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #4 - 02/13/04 at 13:30:47

I have the 12/31/03 update installed (we haven't done the latest two because we are in the process of getting a new server and I decided to wait to load these updates in case I had to start from scratch with DBA)  but I don't have JC-R in the menu.  It looks like from the update list that this was done in the 12/1 update.  What do I need to do to have this report show up in the menu list?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 02/13/04 at 14:06:11

As I recall, I forgot to add it to the menu intil one of the later updates even though you should have the program.  Try UT-A, program name BKJCR.  Or if you have Evolution, add BKJCR.RUN to the menu.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print