Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IMPORTING ITEMS (Read 715 times)
normsnc

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

IMPORTING ITEMS
02/16/04 at 13:09:16

We are importing a new batch of items into DBA through SM-DE-B.  The field for the vendor part # is pointed to the correct column but that field is blank after the import is completed. There are no errors that show up in SM-DE-I-A errors report.  One thing that we noticed is that in SM-DE-J-A Edit Data Programs-Edit Improted inventory, we cannot get to that field through this screen which leads us to believe that field is not an importable field.  ???
We are using Version 2002.4, updated 12/31/03.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: IMPORTING ITEMS
Reply #1 - 02/16/04 at 13:43:07

When you transfer the imported inventory to DBA, it will run a utility to populate the correct file.  Unfortunately, you can'r access it in the Edit Imported Inventory screen.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
normsnc

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/17/04 at 09:22:37

We had already completed the Transfer Files to DBA menu selection.  The vendor # field of information was not there.  So we re-imported it, thinking we may have forgotten to assign it to a column.  Didn't work the second time either.  That's when we noticed it was not accessable in the Edit Imported Inventory feature.  Any other suggestions?  ???

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 02/17/04 at 09:55:30

Try UT-A, program SBUTIL.  That is the utility I thought the import automatically ran.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
normsnc

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 02/17/04 at 11:58:06

Ran the utility you suggested.  Still doesn't work.  Deleted a part # that was imported and re-imported just that one part #.  Wasn't there yet.  Re-ran the utility SBUTIL again--still no results for the vendor #.
Is this a problem for others?  ???

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print