Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Access and mysql (Read 902 times)
heliosquare

Access and mysql
02/20/04 at 14:18:21

Short history of my goal before I post my question:
I developed a section on our website where customers can view open invoices as well as the invoice line items and also pay those invoices on line.  Originally I pulled the necessary data from DBA using 3 Crystal Reports.  I then exported them to .csv files, ftp'd them to the web server and dumped the data into mysql tables via ssh.  All this was automated with Wintask.  The execution of the Wintask script was sketchy at best and usually required more human intervention than one would like.

We have Crystal Reports 7 which allows one to export the report data to mysql via ODBC but what it doesn't let one do is to overwrite an existing table.  The table must be deleted first.

Question:
I started exploring Access' capabilities yesterday.  So far I have the 3 reports needed done in Access via linked tables.  My ultimate goal is to get the report data linked to the mysql tables so that when I record a payment or whatever in DBA the data will automatically update the mysql tables.  This would obviously allow me to eliminate having to export, ftp, and dump the data.  the problem is I don't know enough about Access' capabilities to know if this is even possible let alone how to do it.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Re: Access and mysql
Reply #1 - 02/23/04 at 09:23:39

How do they "Pay on line "

JW

WWW   IP Logged
heliosquare

Re: Access and mysql
Reply #2 - 02/23/04 at 10:23:16

Quote from shadowcaster   on 02/23/04 at 09:23:39:
How do they "Pay on line "

JW

We use Linkpoint as our payment processing gateway (web-based).  Right now I'm just collecting credit card or e-check info. and processing the transactions manually.  Sensitive info. in encrypted using PHP's encryption methods as well as transmitting over SSL.  If/when the "pay invoices on line" ever becomes popular enough to justify it I will write some connector code to interact with Linkpoint's API so that credit cards and checks get processed in real time...

Probably more info than you want but you can see screenshots here:
http://www.frigidfluidco.com/ar.html

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print