Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 08:20:34
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Year end...but can I wait to do AM-A? (Read 431 times)
Laura Oliver

Year end...but can I wait to do AM-A?
04/01/04 at 11:27:38

I am posting this so it will go to the archives....because I wont remember next year.   Thanks for bearing with me.  

Laura asked: Our fiscal year ended yesterday. Can I wait and do AM-A later. I still have some things I want to do.   We will not be doing any new year GL. Posting for a few days.  In the past I have switched it back and forth until I have my year ended.  

Lynn answered:  
Go ahead and even do AM-B and post the in new year and you can do AM-A later.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re:  Year end...but can I wait to do AM-A?
Reply #1 - 04/01/04 at 13:35:10

To clarify further, since March 31 seems to be year end for a lot of people...

AM-B opens the new year for posting in GL-O.  It closes out Income and Expense accounts to Retained Earnings, rolls the balances forward for GL-A and Financial Statements and advances the Fiscal Year date in AD-A.  It DOES NOT mean you have to be finished all posting and processing for last year.  Any further posting to last year will correctly post to 1 year past and if the posting happens to be to an income or expense account, the GL-O program will correctly make a closing entry to Retained Earnings as well.

When you want to prevent posting to last year (or any prior period) use AM-A to set the GL Close Date to the FIRST DAY of the period you want to enbable posting for.  So to prevent any transactions posting to a year ended March 31, 2004, set the close date to April 1, 2004.  If at some future date you need to make an adjustment back into last year, use AM-A to set the date back, make the adjustment and post it, then use AM-A to reset the date again.  This can be done as often as needed.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print