Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/04/24 at 21:27:43
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sales line Items Dup's (Read 2444 times)
Ed
Browser

Sales line Items Dup's
04/13/04 at 09:14:12

In the past couple of months we have been having some problems with printing out invoices and shipping documents.  When we enter a Sales Order, most of the time we will enter a third line which refers to the customer specification for that line on the Sales Order.  The reason is often the same part number will have different specification for special frequencies or tuning. This method has worked great for about five years.  However since around Jan we started to see a random problem show up; The DBA routine will print both the second and third line for each remaining open line even when we are only shipping one line.  
Ex.:  If I was only shipping line one and had four line items to ship later, we would have eight extra lines of information printed on both the packing slip for line one.  Or if I ship line 1 and 2, then on line 2 I would have six extra lines and etc.  To correct and get a good invoice I have to go to BKARINVH and delete the extra lines.

I have two PDF files as an example for someone to look at if they have any interest.  

Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Sales line Items Dup's
Reply #1 - 04/13/04 at 09:24:44

When you are releasing in SO-E, are you making sure that the extra lines are marked to NOT be released?

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Ed
Browser

Reply #2 - 04/13/04 at 11:14:36

Yes!  We are not getting the line items themself, Just the second and thrid description lines.

Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #3 - 04/13/04 at 12:19:39

Ed,

What I meant was are you making sure THOSE lines are marked as not released? One of my clients had this happening for a couple of days....couldn't figure it out, and then we realized that some of the SO's the comment lines were being released spontaneously.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #4 - 04/14/04 at 07:31:33

Is it a duplication?  or are other lines getting released?

Unreleased lines will get released  when someone goes into the SalesOrder after it was released. (and before an invoice was posted)  

If you go into the SO after it is released  YOU MUST unrelease everything and then re-release thru SO-E.

We print our packslips immediantly after releasing so we would not have the problem of unreleased items showing up on the packing slip/delivery ticket.   But I bet if you went into the Sales Order between releasling and printing your slip/delivery ticket remaining lines would get released.

I am still on 2002.4DL and have not yet done any of ISTECHS upgrades....so there may have been a fix.

Also  a few DBA upgrades back  you could actually go into the sales order and unrelease specific lines. But now you have to go to  SO-E  and unrelease all and then rerelease the items you want shipped

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Ed
Browser

Reply #5 - 04/14/04 at 08:14:47

Like you it’s our policy to immediately print the packing slip and invoice for a Sales Order.  It is a duplication, because the first line (with PN, Qty and Price) is not being printed, just the second and third.  After the order is posted the line items are still listed as open.  
Basically this is the same way we have been doing it since 1997.    

Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #6 - 04/14/04 at 11:01:42

So somehow your extra comment lines are getting posted even though they didn't show up in SO-F?

It must  look right when you view it under SO-F?
You would not mark it printed and then post it wrong, so something is happening to make it post things unviewed in SO-F.         If I understand this right...that is scary!!

I am assuming this because your orignal post said:
             or if I ship line 1 and 2, then on line 2 I would  
             have six extra lines and etc.  To correct and get
             a good invoice I have to go to BKARINVH and
             delete the extra lines.  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Ed
Browser

Reply #7 - 04/26/04 at 08:33:01

Laura:
 Sorry about not replying to your comments the week before when you posted them, however my sister passed away and I have been up in Minneapolis for the last ten day days.
  I still am having random problems,  while I was gone they posted over 100 Invoices and two of them have the problem.
In respond to your comments:

So somehow your extra comment lines are getting posted even though they didn't show up in SO-F?  
**    No the extra lines do show on SO-F.

It must  look right when you view it under SO-F?  
**   It looks right except for the description lines from the other open lines items being printed.

You would not mark it printed and then post it wrong, so something is happening to make it post things unviewed in SO-F.  
**  There is no problem with posting the invoice, and everything posted to the accounts is correct.  

Email   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 04/26/04 at 08:49:44

We have the same problem printing packing lists.  (Note: we print packing lists before releasing.)  We ship throughout North and South America so we use comment lines for tariff codes and country of origin information.  If we answer No to print comments after shipped items in SO-C, then we don't get comments for any line item.  If we answer Yes, then we get the comment lines for everything.  Definitely causes problems when there's only one line left out of 25.  This seemed to work correctly before the last update.

Sean
Leybold Optics

WWW   IP Logged
lmk223a

Accountant

Reply #9 - 04/26/04 at 11:23:19

We tweak these extra comment lines from printing by changing the default answer to question "Print comment lines" from "Y" to "N".  There are 6 questions at the bottom of the screen when one prints an invoice in SO-F.  Even though these item were not released in SO-E, sometimes their coment lines do appear, so we found by answering NO to this question, it suppresses these extra lines.

EVO/ERP 2007.2 3/2708 update, 15 users
Linda Kucan
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #10 - 04/27/04 at 09:14:24

Ed,
Tell your folks NOT to post (SO-G),   if SO-F showed extra description lines you didn't want.

If when you view it under So-F and you see lines you don't want....Then mark it Printed NO.     Then go and (SO-E)  re-release the SO and tell it to release all lines.  Then when you have the option to review, mark the ones you don't want with an N.

We somehow get lines released we don't want.  BUT..  We have always been able to re-edit thru SO-E   and make SO-F look right.

I would say  NEVER POST (S0-G)   if it was not exactly like you wanted it to look when you did SO-F.      Go back and keep doing SO-E until SO-F looks right.

We have never had a posted invoice look different than what it did when it was last viewed  in SO-F.   So tell your folks to keep redoing SO-E until SO-F shows only the lines you want.  

Sorry about the loss of your Sister!!!  My heart goes out to you & your family.  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #11 - 04/27/04 at 11:53:58

Laura and Ed,

That is what I was referring to in my post above. If someone was reading..... undecided

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print