Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Data Manipulation (Read 928 times)
bwesson
Browser

Data Manipulation
04/26/04 at 13:03:55

Because DBA created a duplicate invoice, I am using the Pervasive Control Panel to edit the invoice number on one of my historical invoices. DBA has four files for Historical Invoice history: BKARHINV, BKARHIVL, BKARHTAX, & BKARHDSC. I can change the invoice number in BKARHINV & BKARHIVL. But I cannot change the invoice number in either BKARHTAX or BKARHDSC.

In BKARHTAX.BKAR_TAX_INVNO, I get a message: "Mulltiple rows would be updated by this transaction. Changes cancelled."

In BKARHDSC.BK_DESC_NUM, I can edit the row but cannot move up or down to another record. The only thing I can do is press ESC and the data returns to its original values.

Does anyone know why 2 of the 4 tables cannot be edited?

Vision Engraving Systems
iMARC Engraving Systems
17621 N Black Canyon Hwy
Phoenix, AZ 85023
602-439-0600
WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Data Manipulation
Reply #1 - 04/26/04 at 15:39:33

You should edit the tables through Maintain Database on the File menu in DBA.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
bwesson
Browser

Re: Data Manipulation
Reply #2 - 06/07/04 at 12:52:45

What I found is that somehow there were duplicate records. So by deleting the duplicate records and retyping them in field by field, the problem was resolved. Interestingly, I had to delete the records and recreate them as opposed to simply editing the records.

As I recall, the maintain database tool was too cumbersom to use. So I used the Pervasive Control Panel. This way I could see and directly edit the data in table format. Also, using SQL statements in the Pervasive interface was more intuitive.

Vision Engraving Systems
iMARC Engraving Systems
17621 N Black Canyon Hwy
Phoenix, AZ 85023
602-439-0600
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print