Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 03:17:36
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SO-G invoice posting amount conflict (Read 584 times)
emaat
Browser

SO-G invoice posting amount conflict
07/14/04 at 12:40:41

Occasionally, I am getting an error when truing to post invoices. DBA warns me that a specific sales order could not be posted in the amount of "$x" since it is different that the original invoice in the amount of "$y". The error notice also warns that the information concerning this error should be collected and sent to DBA Support for review. It sounds like they know there is a problem but have been unsuccessful in locating the source. I searched the database files for a clue but was unable to locate/correct the problem.  

Two things would be appreciated; First, what is the best way to Band-Aid the problem so we can keep moving forward. Second, can this be prevented?

IP Logged
lmk223a

Accountant

Re: SO-G invoice posting amount conflict
Reply #1 - 07/20/04 at 11:14:26

Don't know the cause, but we do encounter this situation also.  

If you look at the  "Cost of Goods Sold PREPOST Report" generated by SO-G, you will notice that DBA is assigning a sales value to item(s) that were not released on the sales order for this specific invoice.  (this is the reason for the difference in $ amount of the invoice)

What we do, is to 1st) unpost the invoice generated by SO-F, 2nd) Edit the Sales Order to reduce the qty to 0 pcs and sales price to $0 for the part number(s) that DBA is including on the Cost of Good Sold PREPOST REPORT.  

This usually fixes the problem and we can go back to SO-F and SO-G to process and post the sales invoice. Wink

EVO/ERP 2007.2 3/2708 update, 15 users
Linda Kucan
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print