Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/24/24 at 17:41:29
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Workstation/Server Engine Question (Read 800 times)
Skeptical
Browser

Out! Out! Demons of
stupidity - Dogbert

Workstation/Server Engine Question
08/20/04 at 07:15:01

We run a peer-2-peer network.

When I was reinstalling DBA a few months ago after a rebuild, I recall some funky instructions like:
Do not install the client on the main worksation "server" box.  Also, the main peer has the workstation engine installed but not "server" engine.

Now, I am trying to make an ODBC DSN to access the Pervasive engine directly.  I am not getting a connection and all of my investigations lead me to believe that I need to install a Server engine and even a client to the main peer.  I am anxious about this as I'm fairly certain the installation instructions told me NOT to do these things.

Although I have designed, built, converted, installed, etc several large scale relational database programs that I have built from blank screens in SQL 7, SQL 2000 and Ms Access, I am hesitant to mess with DBA.  Honestly, I hate DBA.  It is so cumbersome and non-user friendly that if my boss did not rely upon it so heavily for so long, I would uninstall it, burn the stacks of Cd's, Updates, Emails, Manuals, blah blah and roast marshmallows while dancing naked around the fire pit and painting my face with highlighters.   Tongue

Can someone help me get into the data safely please.
Once there, I'll never have to look the DBA interface in the eye again and maybe, just maybe, regain some sanity before it's too late.

Thank you!
Ginger  

« Last Edit: 08/20/04 at 11:27:30 by Skeptical »  
Email WWW   IP Logged
Skeptical
Browser

Out! Out! Demons of
stupidity - Dogbert

Re: Workstation/Server Engine Question
Reply #1 - 08/30/04 at 07:25:47

Problem SOLVED!

THANK YOU Lynn and Kevin!