Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 07:55:21
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Enter negative number in WO-G (Read 1058 times)
rphitch
Browser

Enter negative number in WO-G
04/05/05 at 07:39:43

When the material has been issued to the wrong work order the process is to enter a negative issue in WO-G which is to take the parts and the cost back out of the work order.  Sometimes the system issues the part at 0  dollar cost. This creates a series of problems starting with to much material cost and when you reissue the positive to put it back to where it was before the fix it might issue at the correct cost and then there are to many pieces and to much cost times two.  What are the options for fixing this and how do we keep it from happening again.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Enter negative number in WO-G
Reply #1 - 04/05/05 at 08:19:45

Rather than issue a negative quantity, the proper procedure is to click the Dsp Material Trans button prior to entering anything on the WO-G screen and find the original issue, then select it and back it out.  This will correctly reverse the issue at the original cost.  

Entering a negative quantity will create a new negative issue at today's cost rather than reverse the original one at its cost.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #2 - 04/05/05 at 08:59:21

This is one of my favorite topics on which I have written epics-- latest in Manufacturing :
Re: Can't close WO - Says Not all Items Issued
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 7:14am »  Quote  Modify  Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Kevin, for your response.  
 I did some further testing in a dummy company yesterday and had a problem with the backout method again.  I had forgotten what it does when it goes wrong;  what happened was that the backout showed up in the work order and job costs files, ie there were no transactions for the part numbers, and in the GL there were both issue and backout transactions, but the inventory file has only the issue and not the backout, so our inventory is off.  There is not an easy way to fix it, except I guess in maintain database delete the inv transaction that issued.  NOt something I like to do.    
It was obvious during that backout that something was wrong.  This was a backout of items backflushed in a sequence.  There were 5 items.  Three backed out just fine, but the 4th and 5th  stayed on the screen flickering for some time before clearing.  

Right now we are using negative issue since at least we can see the transactions everywhere.  The only issue is the correct avg cost as you said, and sometimes the WO-A issues screen is incorrect.  That's better than inventory being wrong with no easy way to fix it.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
rphitch
Browser

Reply #3 - 04/12/05 at 07:46:26

The question has come up about backing out a partial amount.  There are 1000 items in the issue and subsequently you find out that only 400 were used in this work order and the remaining 600 were used in the next work order?  Next what happens if this is done at the end of the last month and the general ledger date has been set to prevent entry into a prior month?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print