Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/10/24 at 12:05:43
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cost of Goods/Profit/Margin (Read 888 times)
kristinfitz
Browser

Cost of Goods/Profit/Margin
04/28/05 at 13:45:17

I am trying to create a report that shows the following fields:

Customer code
SO No.
Estimate Ship Date
Total order $
CGS
Profit (I will create a formula for this)

I have tried using the indexes BKARHINV, BKARHIVL, BKARINVL but I cannot seem to get what I need. I would like to run this report for each upcoming month to figure out what are sales, cgs and profit are going to be.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Grin

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Cost of Goods/Profit/Margin
Reply #1 - 04/28/05 at 15:05:03

Well, if I understand correctly you want to create a projection, right? But you are using the invoice tables to gets COGS (which makes some sense as it it calculated there) but that is after the fact.

What you would need to do is use the live Sales Order data (BKARINV and INVL) and do the calculation within your report. You would probably need to also bring in the BOMS of your top-level sales order items and then the actual cost fields from the items in the those BOMS in order to calculate it and then populate your report.

Sounds like a BIG undertaking to me, especially in Crystal.... undecided

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Danimal

Reply #2 - 04/29/05 at 14:00:38

Kristin - what you are trying to do is actually not that difficult.   You will need to link the sales order line item table (BKARINVL) to both the sales order header table (BKARINV) by order number to get the customer code, and to the accounting inventory master table (BKICMSTR) by part to get the item cost.  Then, using a little magic with some formulas, determine the item cost and profit/margin.

I have generated such a report using Crystal Reports 7 for Pervasive, send me a message with your email address if you would like me to provide you with a copy.

Best Regards!  Wink

Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 05/02/05 at 05:23:52

One of the most fascinating aspects of forums like this one is the broadening of horizons. I never would have imagined the possible use of such a report as described above, seeing that I'll be shipping stuff today that I don't even have orders for this morning. It's just interesting to contemplate not only the many different kinds of business, but the many different ways people do business.

Carry on!

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1