Send Topic Print
Linking problems (Read 768 times)
faturj
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Linking problems
06/16/05 at 12:16:47

I am trying to write a report using the table invtxn for "C" type transactions.  Vendor code and vendor name are not stored in this record for "C" type transactions.  So I tried to link this record to BKAPPO but only a few lines on my report actually show the vendor info.  It seems to get lost in retrieving this info.  I have had this problem in some other reports.  Is there some trick to the order in which you link the tables?  What is the secret?

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Linking problems
Reply #1 - 06/16/05 at 12:30:28

Well "sort of" in the order. It is really a function of the links themselves, whether it is a left inner, left outer, right inner, etc. So depending upon the order in which you link the tables will determine what KIND of link will select the correct dataset.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Reply #2 - 06/16/05 at 13:24:06

The blanks are probably in the BKAPHPO file with is closed PO's.  Try linking to both BKAPPO and BKAPHPO and using a formula to pull the one with a matching record.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Reply #3 - 06/16/05 at 13:45:18

Tried to out-think myself.  If there has been any activity a BKAPHPO record will be written so your solution is easier; select the BKAPHPO Table instead of the BKAPPO Table and you'll be golden.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print