Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/03/24 at 12:43:56
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
DBA Tables / ODBC Link (Read 5869 times)
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

DBA Tables / ODBC Link
01/30/06 at 10:21:00

I am having a problem with the DBA tables for BKARINV.B and was hoping for some advice.  I am a complete ODBC novice.

We use Pervasive 2000i with ISTECH 1/12/06. We have been using DBA since 1996 or so.

Our UPS system (Worldship 8.0) cannot seem to interface with the 2 extra address fields in DBA due to the spaces in the table name (we import address information from the Sales Order).  Everything else imports just fine.

I am wondering if there is some utility I can run to remove the spaces from the table names of BKARINV.B so that we can interface properly, or some way the table can be edited to remove the spaces (or insert underscores in the place of spaces).

I tried recreating the DDF files but this did not help the situation.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's advice on this issue.

Aaron

2004.1 with ISTECH 1/12/06
  IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Re: DBA Tables / ODBC Link
Reply #1 - 01/30/06 at 11:51:35

I have been interfacing with UPS for some time with no issues with the addresses. I think our secret is that we use the first DBA address line as the contact or attention field. All of the addresses start on line two through line three. It was blind luck that we originally set DBA up this way!

John

EVO-ERP, ISTS 3.27.08 , 2000I 10 user
Email WWW   IP Logged
rmh148

Reply #2 - 01/30/06 at 13:51:46

I'm not sure how you setup your ODBC, but I believe the fields that you are having trouble with are the Array fields. Fields like ship[1], ship[2], etc.  I found that I must setup my ODBC and be sure to check that box that says "Use OEM/ANSI Conversion".  This will then pull the array fields into the ODBC as ship_1, ship_2.  Also, I found that if I set one up as unchecked it would not simply let me check it later. I had to delete it and go through the setup again.

Good luck,

IP Logged
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/31/06 at 06:02:10

Thank you, I will give it a try!

Aaron

IP Logged
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 01/31/06 at 06:24:22

Unfortunately, it did not work with creating a new system DSN with OEM/ANSI box checked.

We interface fine with the first address line and all other data, but the BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 1] and BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 1]  lines cannot be connected to the UPS database.  My hypothesis is the space in the array name.  The array title I have listed is exactly as it appears in DBA.

Do others have these same array names and have a workaround?

If I can get this fixed it would be great, as it is almost impossible to fit all address information on one line (the first one!) so the import works properly.

Aaron

IP Logged
rmh148

Reply #5 - 01/31/06 at 07:22:23

if you go into Pervasive control center an look at the table, you should find that there are no spaces in the field name.  If the OEM/ANSI conversion worked correctly the field name should be "BKAR_INV_SHPA2_1".  To me, it sounds like the UPS import will only handle a fieldname of 15 characters, this ends up being 16.  But, as I stated, if the conversion is setup correctly there are no spaces.

IP Logged
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 01/31/06 at 12:59:17

Maybe this is a question for Lynn:

When I go to the Pervasive Control Panel and open the filename BKARINV.B, the array names for the second 2 lines of the ship-to address in Sales Orders appear as:

BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 1]
BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 2]  

This space in the field name is not allowing proper interfacing with UPS software.  There are other field names in the BKARINV.B file that also have spaces in them, but that is not important for this application (although it may be in the future).

I have tried creating a new System DSN using the OEM/ANSI conversion box checked as rmh148 suggested but the spaces in the filenames still appear, and the mapping does not work.  The spaces also appear in the Pervasive Control Panel if I click on the array name.  

Could this be because we have a very old DBA installation (for instance, our data files .B, run files, and rtms are all in the DBAMFG directory)?

I would certainly be willing to pay $$ to get this issue resolved.  We have had more than one shipping error due to this issue.

Aaron

IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Reply #7 - 01/31/06 at 13:25:10

I most certainly don't know what is different in my setup, but I have those fields mapped to UPS Worldship the very first try. I have no idea if I setup the ODBC a certain way? We use fed-ex also with no issues. I used the So # as the Key and setup a Shipment Map. Give Your UPS Rep a call and have them come out and give it a shot. It is a free service.

John

Email WWW   IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Reply #8 - 01/31/06 at 14:13:21

For what it's worth, here's a screenshot of the field mapping from our UPS installation.  Note this is Worldship v7.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 02/01/06 at 05:06:18

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the screenshot post.  Ours is almost exactly the same, except the 2nd and 3rd shipping lines where you have them as BKAR_INV_SHPA2_1 and BKAR_INV_SHPA2_2 are listed as

BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 1]  
BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 2]  
 in our tables.  

I am at a loss to explain this.

Aaron

IP Logged
wildco

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 02/01/06 at 06:13:53

Thank you everyone for your help.

I should have taken rmh148's advice one step further and actually recreate the ddf files after checking the OEM/ANSI box.

Now that I have done so the file can be imported properly into UPS.

Aaron

IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #11 - 02/02/06 at 05:25:12

The reason that these field names are different is that the fields:
   BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 1]  
   BKAR_INV_SHPA2[ 2]  

Are a 2 element array to the Btrieve interface.

In ODBC, these have the names:
   BKAR_INV_SHPA2_1
   BKAR_INV_SHPA2_2  

because ODBC does not define any array type so 2 simple names were assigned in the .DDF files to represent both
elements of the array.

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #12 - 08/07/06 at 12:37:33

Hi Folks,

We're taking steps to implement this for UPS and FexEx.

I don't know much about how this actually works once you set it up, so can anyone enlighten me please so I have a better idea.

Also, is the setup essentially the same with FedEx?

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #13 - 08/07/06 at 14:08:25

Hi folks,

I just viewed the webinar on the UPS site so I have a pretty good handle on this now.  Are most folks doing real-time connections, maybe using the sales order #?  

Anyone successful in sending back the tracking #s to EvoERP?  What field name do you link to?  Anyone sending any other info from the UPS system back into EvoERP?

Thanks again!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Reply #14 - 08/07/06 at 14:34:00

The sales order is what we use as the Primary Key field. I chose not to write back the tracking $ to EVO. It uses the notes field but doesn't add like UPS or Fed-Ex as a reference. My customers would get a little confused. Both UPS and Fed-Ex are a bit of a pain to get set-up and they are not even remotely similar in use or set-up. Once up and running, they are great. I think UPS did a better job than Fed-Ex in a lot of way's.

John

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print