Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/30/24 at 05:23:13
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Daily Booking Report, SA-A (Read 610 times)
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Daily Booking Report, SA-A
09/18/06 at 13:17:49

I'm wondering if it's changed in the last update. I'm getting a lot of 0.00 cost invoices reported that are really not 0. If I run a Profit by Invoice report, SA-B,  for one of the 0 ones it shows total cost that looks right. However, it is showing a cost for the Parent and none for the components. When I run SA-B for an Invoice that shows a cost on SA-A, the costs show up the way I'm used to them - none for the parent and then for each component.

It only seems to be with Kit type items as far as I've checked so far, but not consistent. For instance, I have two customers with four invoices over the same date range - one of them has 3 $0.00 cost invoices and the other has one, and that one is on the date the the other has a valid costing.

BTW, the anomaly is showing up on Invoices posted before the last update, but the end of August report is the first one where I've noticed it. I don't keep old reports (I don't usually even print them) so I can't compare last months.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Daily Booking Report, SA-A
Reply #1 - 09/19/06 at 12:06:13

Update:

This is not a reporting issue (although why SA-A & SA-B give different numbers might be cause for concern...) and it's been going on longer than I thought.

Starting November 15, 2005 I have nearly 1500 (out of 3400 kit components total) transactions that have posted at 0 cost - they don't even show up on GL-E to the COGS or Inventory Asset accounts. IN-E shows the transactions, but at 0 cost.

There is no apparent rhyme or reason to it. The same day some will post correctly and some will not. Then there are spaces of a week where everything seems to work right.

I downloaded the 9/25 update on 9/27, and the 11/18 update on 11/30, so it's not that.

HELP!!!

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 05/24/21 at 15:13:50

Has this problem been fixed?  I still get zero on some costs.   the invoices are posted but the Work Orders  are R not C.
We don't use KIT type part numbers so that is not the reason i have zero costs/

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 06/20/12 at 17:23:16:
SA (and the GL for COGS and inventory) is looking at whatever the cost was at the time the order was invoiced which has absolutely nothing to do with the Job Cost Report. If you invoiced the order before the WO-I was processed and it is a new item, the invoice will pull from inventory at $0.

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 02/22/07 at 07:03:15:
You will never have accurate costs at the time of invoicing if you don't receive the PO's. I suggest you receive the POs and Enter Finished Production prior to invoicing so the costs are accurate (to the degree your PO is accurate). Any subsequent change resulting from a difference between the PO and Invoice will be reflected as WIP Variance but will ultimately be shown in the JC reports. If Purchasing is doing their job, it should be the rare exception that the AP Invoice is significantly different from the PO.

Quote from Karen Mason on 09/15/05 at 05:21:25:
We do not use the report because it is not really accurate. In order to post invoices, we need to enter finished production. Since all costs are not into finished production, we have to use our best educated guess as to the cost/pc. I believe that is what may get into SA-B. Once we close the job (may be months later if it is for multiple releases) we get our "good" cost.

We are kinda like Karen, Does this keep us from using SA-A and SA-B?  

problem SA-A has some invoices with zero costs.  
The costs do come out correctly on JC-A  job costing.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 05/24/21 at 16:02:20

You have to make it before you ship it (WO-I or WO-P before SO-G).  Otherwise you have negative inventory and inaccurate COGS on the GL.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #4 - 05/27/21 at 06:45:59

That makes chronological sense, But we have the same problem Karen has in that not all costs are in by the time we post invoices.  

Quote from Karen Mason on Sep 15th, 2005, 7:21am:
We do not use the report because it is not really accurate. In order to post invoices, we need to enter finished production. Since all costs are not into finished production, we have to use our best educated guess as to the cost/pc. I believe that is what may get into SA-B. Once we close the job (may be months later if it is for multiple releases) we get our "good" cost.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #5 - 05/27/21 at 13:37:29

One of my guys (mike) that enters finish production said he didnt think he was supposed to enter finish production if we were still waiting on vendor pricing.  Example our vendor platers are notorious for not sending us a price for a couple of weeks.

Mike insists he was told not to enter finish production if there are any vendor costs outstanding.  

Why can we not enter production, but hold off on posting an invoice until all the costs come in.    

What do you think?

Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #6 - 05/27/21 at 14:46:37

Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 02/22/07 at 07:03:15:
You will never have accurate costs at the time of invoicing if you don't receive the PO's.  I suggest you receive the POs and Enter Finished Production prior to invoicing so the costs are accurate (to the degree your PO is accurate).  Any subsequent change resulting from a difference between the PO and Invoice will be reflected as WIP Variance but will ultimately be shown in the JC reports.  If Purchasing is doing their job, it should be the rare exception that the AP Invoice is significantly different from the PO.

Can we first enter finished production and then receive in the purchase order?   Or do we have to rec PO and then enter finish production?
Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print