Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PASSWORD VIOLATION (Read 1233 times)
Dawn

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

PASSWORD VIOLATION
10/12/06 at 13:27:20

I am trying to remove a former employee from our DBA (2004.1 version).  When I hit the delete key and say "yes" to "Do you want to delete?" The name is still there.  I exit out and go back in to see if it is still there and I get a message "Access violation at address 006E9A4F in module 'Tp5wdba.exe'. Read of address 00000208." I click okay and it lets me back into PS-A module and the name is still there.  

I am also getting an error message when I try to create another security level in PS-B.  It says "BTRIEVE error - I:/dbamfg/DEFAULT/BKSLEVEL.B - 46." Then I have to click on the "ok" butten numerous times to get it to clear.

I have full access to DBA however I do not have "Administror Access" on our overall network.  Could that make a difference?  My computer guy says no.  I should also note my computer guy reset the server hoping to clear the errors but it hasn't helped.

Dawn

Dawn
Classic - 7/5/10 update
WWW   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Re: PASSWORD VIOLATION
Reply #1 - 10/20/06 at 05:31:03

the error 46 indicates that your current version of Pervasive does not like the current File Format of the file the DBA program is trying to access.

to fix it. Use the Pervasive Rebuild utility to rebuild the stated file to a file format  7.x, or 8.x, or 9.x

hth

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Dawn

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 10/24/06 at 10:26:12

It turns out I had 4 files that needed to be re-indexed.

BKPUSER.B
BKSLEVEL.B
BKSLMSTR.B
BKSYUSER.B

Now everything is working as it should.

Grin

Dawn

Dawn
Classic - 7/5/10 update
WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #3 - 07/09/14 at 12:08:07

What does it mean to "Use the Pervasive Rebuild utility to rebuild the stated file to a file format  7.x, or 8.x, or 9.x " ?

One of the reasons we haven t been able to use EVO is because I am lost with PS-A, TAS G.   When I try to save in EVO I get a BKSLEVEL.B - 46.  I conclude from the post below that I need to reindex this file.

Thanks
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 07/09/14 at 15:22:49

There is a Pervasive utility named Rebuild that you need to use.  Select the file(s) and leave all the settings as default and process.  For the security related files you need to do it when no users are in DBA.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print